Its been a long time

Hello to all,

I want to apologize to you guys for the delay in rebooting the ST. After I wrote the “Well, what can I say” piece, I got the ST out. Got my tools out… sat and look at it for quite a while… I had no clue of what I needed to do next. So I reviewed the build log and finally figured it out. That is when life and death stepped in. I swear I hate this year.

My parathyroid surgery went very well as far as the calcium in the blood problem but now my blood pressure is high. I can’t seem to get it back to normal. The VA is trying to figure it out.

I have two dogs. Jake you met in the build log when he broke his foot in five places. Then there is Daisy, a small German Shepard. I got a call from my next door neighbor round 2:00 am. She said there seems to be a problem in my back yard because Jake is barking a lot. Jake never barks unless he wants something to eat. So I go out there and Daisy is hanging upside down on a decorative fence. She somehow climbed the fence, slipped and impaled the fleshy part of her hind leg (where it hooks to the body) on the fence. I thought she was dead until I saw her head move. My wife and I got her off the fence and took her to the emergency. Fortunately, the fence did not go any deeper than the fleshy part of her leg… no internal injuries. Daisy is fine now but what a scare.

Then there was the cataract removal. A simple procedure I was told. Well maybe for anyone but me. They get me all drugged up and ready to go. The doctor sticks the scalpel in my eye and I about came off the table. Apparently, the eye was not numb enough. Fortunately, the eye was not damaged and I can see fairly well now.

My wife comes from a large family. This month, one of her brothers died from the covid. 48 hours later, his son died from the covid. There is no forum on earth that would accept what I have to say about covid. I am angry beyond belief.

I have a bad case of PTSD from my time in the service; in fact a 70% disability per the VA. My mind is tangled. Counseling does not help me because no matter how much I talk about things, nothing is going to change. Distraction is the only thing that helps me. Enter the ST. I am hoping the worst of this crappy year is over. I have my “Things to do” list and if I can get my blood pressure under control again, I am ready to focus on anything but year 2020. I hope my next entry will be in the ST build log.

Bless you all.

I hope 2021 works out much better for you.
You are right- distraction is the best thing when there is so much going on.
Working on the ST and having a podcast or music you like in the background should help keep your mind away from this awful 2020.

I hope 2021 works out much better for you.
You are right- distraction is the best thing when there is so much going on.
Working on the ST and having a podcast or music you like in the background should help keep your mind away from this awful 2020.
Amen to that.
Thank You,
Don

Don,
Go at your speed. Thanks for reaching out to us all. Hope you get back to building soon.
Dan
I like to be a man of my word. I feel at times I have broken my word. So I thought I would let you guys know the intent was certainly there. Things just got in the way. I guess it is like most things. That first step is the hardest. I know what I want to do with the ST. I just need to do it. It is for certain nothing is going to change and even if it does I can't stop it.

Unless the sky falls, I need to build out the floors on the stern so the panels for the windows on the sides fit better. I plan on doing that today. I have had a problem with the stern since I decided to deviate from the instructions. I had the stern almost complete but did not like it. So I will see if this new plan works for me. I can see it in my mind. I just need to make the stern look like that.

Thanks,

Don

Hope you will have fun building your ST and wish you all the best for your health!
Happy new year and happy building!
Christian

Back