It's Not A Foredom but it will do...

I had an idea to cobble together a Proxxon or Dremel drill with a flexible shaft and a foot switch. While enabling me to easily move the assembly around to make drilling small holes easier. I have trouble drilling small holes without "enlarging" them accidently, I did find a foot switch helps a lot but for me at least still not as good as I would like. I am sure someone else has done something like this although I haven't seen one.
All I did was screw a few pieces of scrap wood together, I have used it over a few days so far and find it works quite well and thought I would share the idea, in a large part the foot switch is key.
I think the photo is self explanatory.

Cheers,
Stephen.

DSC_0034 1.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

this is a good idea, because hanging the Proxxon on the hook, the flex. shaft will go hang downwards. Now it is going up and give you more freedom to use it. I did this by mount the Proxxon in the drill stand and turn it 90 degrees to hold him flat.

Tuve la idea de improvisar un taladro Proxxon o Dremel con un eje flexible y un interruptor de pie. Al tiempo que me permite mover fácilmente el ensamblaje para facilitar la perforación de pequeños agujeros. Tengo problemas para perforar agujeros pequeños sin "agrandarlos" accidentalmente, encontré que un interruptor de pie ayuda mucho, pero para mí al menos todavía no es tan bueno como me gustaría. Estoy seguro de que alguien más ha hecho algo así, aunque yo no he visto ninguno.
Todo lo que hice fue atornillar algunas piezas de madera de desecho, lo he usado durante algunos días hasta ahora y descubrí que funciona bastante bien y pensé en compartir la idea, en gran parte el interruptor de pie es clave.
Creo que la foto se explica por sí misma.

Salud,
Esteban.

View attachment 294596

View attachment 294597

Harbor freight sells a small hand-drill kit for less than 10 bucks that is ideal for drilling small holes down to #80 (0.0135" diam). I use them for drilling the holes for trunnels. You can drill about ten thousand holes before replacing these drills; some models will have in excess of 25,000 trunnels in the exterior hull so I buy these drill kits 3 or 4 at a time when beginning one of these models. I also have Foredoms, Dremels and some other brands of drills (most of which I seldom use), but nothing works as well as these cheap small drills from Harbor Freight.

Can you be specific about the flexible shaft source? I have a Harbor Freight set with a foot switch and the flex-shaft is not as flexible as I would like. Thanks!
Hi J,

The flexible shaft is a Proxxon and is quite flexible and is available with collets or keyless chuck.

Proxxon 28620 Flexishaft Micromot 110/ P with 6 Micromot Collets https://www.amazon.com.au/Proxxon-28620-Flexishaft-Micromot-Collets/dp/B000S5KMPK

Proxxon 28622 Tree Flexible Micromot 110/Bf With Keyless Chuck From 0,3

Cheers,
Stephen.

hi Bill36.
Is there any way you could give the name and id number from harbor freight so I could find it? (A link would be even better.)
Thanks
Richard

Back