Jacob's Ladder/Pole Masts

Does anyone have any historical information, or contemporaneous ship model pics, of a Jacob's ladder used on a polacre-style square-rig pole mast (the yards go up and down) where you have no trees or platforms? Normally one would use "sister hooks" and "eye bolts" but I figure in this case you need legs on top as well as bottom and to wrap them around the mast at both ends collar-style, tie with lanyards. I can't think of anything else that would work here. TYVM in advance!

Does anyone have any historical information, or contemporaneous ship model pics, of a Jacob's ladder used on a polacre-style square-rig pole mast (the yards go up and down) where you have no trees or platforms? Normally one would use "sister hooks" and "eye bolts" but I figure in this case you need legs on top as well as bottom and to wrap them around the mast at both ends collar-style, tie with lanyards. I can't think of anything else that would work here. TYVM in advance!

Jacob´s ladder is shown on figure #215 on page 61

Screenshot 2023-03-13 131004.png

Hi Jeffrey.
I haven't met any Jacob's ladder separated from ship's shrouds but answering your query, here is my suggestion.
The ladder could be attached on a pole mast, the same way as the shrouds of a chebeck were being set.
At the below sketch (left )the ladder comes up and its both rope ends are being secured by two rope loops (a-b).
Thx
Jacob's ladder.jpg

Back