Jotika

They provide excellent materials and very usable instructions, in my experience. I wouldn't hesitate to chose one of their offerings.

I know their Victory kit is extremely good and wish now that I had bought it instead of the Corel version I decided on
Because of this I bought their Mary Rose kit and have to say I am very very disappointed with it. Confusing drawings, some poor quality wood, and not very complete instructions. And then to find out that their representation of the ship looks to be way off. Buy Victory definitely but in my opinion avoid the Mary Rose

I'm currently working on HMS Snake. As one example, the copper sheathing supplied with these kits is the best of any maker, IMO.

Waiting in the wings I also have Jotika's HMS Diana, HMS Agamemnon, and HMS Victory. I plan to build them in the order listed (if I can manage to live another 15 years :) ).

Way ahead of all of the European mainstream manufacturers for what they do, essentially Napoleonic historical ships. Nikitin and Maris Stella are a different niche in the market, they don't overlap. Jotika and Vanguard are the 'go to' UK choice.

Anyone knows about Jotika / Caldercraft are they any good
I have posted pictures of Caldercraft Victory in the finished models section, you can see the results, I only used what was in the kit. I have also built Agamemnon with similar results. You can’t go wrong. Ken

I'm currently working on HMS Snake. As one example, the copper sheathing supplied with these kits is the best of any maker, IMO.

Waiting in the wings I also have Jotika's HMS Diana, HMS Agamemnon, and HMS Victory. I plan to build them in the order listed (if I can manage to live another 15 years :) ).
This is a plan ..... I am looking forward

Back