Just found an interesting wood finish

Hello All
I found this wood finish on a woodworking channel and it is a great a solution for us the modellers.
For my janet I wanted to find a gloss piano finish and I think I found it-https://mywoodcutters.com/clean-armor-wood-finishing
So I found this :
First video about the product
And a discution with the maker of this product
Kind regards
Daniel

Hello All
I found this wood finish on a woodworking channel and it is a great a solution for us the modellers.
For my janet I wanted to find a gloss piano finish and I think I found it-https://mywoodcutters.com/clean-armor-wood-finishing
So I found this :
First video about the product
And a discution with the maker of this product
Kind regards
Daniel
Sounds very much like a std UV cured product used in furniture/components industry. Off the top of my head it would be very expensive per Litre or gallon which ever container size it's sold in. Usually these products have a very short shelf life. Even in unopened containers the max is approx 3 - 6 months. Also, all types of UV coatings have quite a number of hazardous to health warnings. UV coatings approved by FDA and other research industries for food and potable water undergo intense scrutiny and analysis. IMHO, I have many doubts about the product in the video. First I'd check the product TDS (technical data sheet) and MSDS (material safety date sheet) not to mention the price which I'm sure would be astronomical..... my opinion after 46 years in the coatings industry.

Hello ConstaNZ
you are right about the pricy side of this and about the fact you need an uv lamp for consistent results
That ticked me is the fact that you need only a sealer and after some sanding a coat or two to have the waterproof finish I need.
In the safety sheet is say the unopened container is a 12 month shelf life
Daniel

Hello ConstaNZ
you are right about the pricy side of this and about the fact you need an uv lamp for consistent results
That ticked me is the fact that you need only a sealer and after some sanding a coat or two to have the waterproof finish I need.
In the safety sheet is say the unopened container is a 12 month shelf life
Daniel
12 months, ok. When I was tasked with importing (Multiples of 1,000lt minibulks. water based) for supply from Europe/USA to the can coating industries the documents stated 3 - 6mths. I guess that was for cautious reasons taking into account warehousing time and environmental temperature changes when crossing the equator. Shelf life was an immense problem to the point the company obtained the manufacturing rights for most products but final QC results had to be approved by the mother company (Valspar or Sikkens).
A good quality flooring, brush on, polyurethane properly cured will give you the finish you want. I believe Europe has some excellent Water-Based versions available. Regardless, all finishes should be applied with good ventilation and some form of PPE.. cheers.

Back