Just got introduced to You-Tube after getting a new TV

I just bought a new TV which has built in access to things like You-Tube if it is connected to the internet. There must be thousands of videos on everything related to ship modelling. From paper models to giant scratch built ocean liners. I have now watched several build logs submitted by modelers from novices to masters and I am leaning a lot from all of them. I hope that if I continue to watch these You-Tube videos I will get my creative juices flowing again after a moderate period of disinterest. From the novices I learned that my efforts aren't as bad and laffable as I was beginning to think they are. You can almost say that there are no "bad" ship models, if completed it is enough. From the masters I am learning things that even though I have seen the advice in books it makes a difference watching a video. Now some of you are thinking that you already know these facts so I hope that others of you take the time to check out this valuable source of info and tips.

Welcome to 2020 Bob. I am glad you made it!!!!! I have been on the internet since 1992. Been waiting for you to get here ever since. :)

PS: I see you are from Central Florida. I was born and raised in Orlando.

Oh, I've been on the internet for quite a while too, but for some reason I had a low opinion of what could be found on You-Tube. To be sure there is a lot of junk out there but there is also a lot more stuff of value too. Yesterday I started watching a video build log by a guy who had just bought the Model Shipways Bluenose kit as his first plank on bulkhead wood kit. In video one he started out as excited as a kid in a candy shop. By stage 4 he had lost most of his enthusiasm and was being very critical of the quality of the plans and instructions that came with the kit and had only gotten to the point where the frames were attached to the keel. I checked some of the titles after that and for a while based on his titles things weren't going very well. I got on my computer and found the rest of his entries and skipped all the way to stage 40 where he showed his finished boat of which he seemed very proud all be it that it took much longer than the three months he had originally allocated to the project. He probably could have saved himself a lot of headaches if he had chosen a less complicated kit to start out on.

Back