Kedge Anchor

I have purchased two kedge anchors for my Krait model but am at a loss how to assemble them.
There is the main anchor with a loose rod which fits in the eye. There is a small "U" shape and 2 small brass pins.
How does it all go together when assembled for stowing on deck please?
Regards
Brianne

Anchor.JPG

These are the parts of such an stock anchor - this sketch is showing the stock in the position for use

Unbenannt.JPG

and this photo is showing such a stock anchor, where the stock is moved through the shank up to the curved point
with this the stock is parallel to the shank and the anchor can be easily stored on the deck

Unbenannt1.JPG

I found some photos of two beautiful models of the Le Coureur

showing the stowed stock anchors either at the bulkhead and also on deck - so I think these models are clearly shwoing how it was made

two more anchors are under the boat

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt1.JPG

Hi Brianne 163!

P4040034.JPG
The admiralty kedge anchor.

Your brass "U" is no. 10 (anchor ring)
A brass nail is the bolt no. 7 of the anchor ring and holds the brass "U"
The 2nd nail is the cotter pin no. 8 and goes through a hole in the anchor stock no. 6 and prevents it from slipping out of the anchor shaft no. 1.Most likely there is no hole and the anchor stock is simply glued into the anchor shaft.

On your model "Krait" the anchor was most likely provided with an anchor chain.

Best regards
Thomas

I have purchased two kedge anchors for my Krait model but am at a loss how to assemble them.
There is the main anchor with a loose rod which fits in the eye. There is a small "U" shape and 2 small brass pins.
How does it all go together when assembled for stowing on deck please?
Regards
Brianne
Hallo @Brianne163
we wish you all the BEST and a Happy Birthday
Birthday-Cake

Back