Keel part 18 compound bevel

Despite my own kit having been not delivered yet, I have been seriously studying Heinrich's build log ( his being the earliest ) as well as browsing thru many of the others. I have noted a whole bit of discussion involving that part 18 very long compound taper bevel below the bearding line and just today I found a great prototype ship photo that beautifully displays that exact bevel.

I post two pics here, 1, the cover of the book and 2, the photo showing the bevel. Note the lighter colored area in the upper part of the deadwood and extending across the two pages of the book.
Thanks for looking,
alf in IowaE990B75C-7547-495E-B378-26A1FA485D86.jpegC5105ECE-D9B2-4295-8982-EEE504E330D1.jpeg

Despite my own kit having been not delivered yet, I have been seriously studying Heinrich's build log ( his being the earliest ) as well as browsing thru many of the others. I have noted a whole bit of discussion involving that part 18 very long compound taper bevel below the bearding line and just today I found a great prototype ship photo that beautifully displays that exact bevel.

I post two pics here, 1, the cover of the book and 2, the photo showing the bevel. Note the lighter colored area in the upper part of the deadwood and extending across the two pages of the book.
Thanks for looking,
alf in IowaView attachment 327983View attachment 327984
A nice picture, Alf. Thanks for sharing. Visual what was discussed and showed in this drawing fro The Saga:
029 Rabbet.jpg
Highlighted: The garboard strake in the rabbet.
Regards, Peter

A nice picture, Alf. Thanks for sharing. Visual what was discussed and showed in this drawing fro The Saga:
View attachment 328511
Highlighted: The garboard strake in the rabbet.
Regards, Peter
Ya, that _is_ a very good drawing, I like technical illustration. What is this book "The Saga . . . ", I noticed it mentioned more than a couple times now? That might be a nice acquisition for my tech library.

Thank you Peter, I just bought a used one described as like new online at a very comfortable price. I'll be looking for it in the mail perhaps toward the end of next week.
alf

Back