Kits from China

Any one ever order any kits from china?well i ordered 1 and it did not have any instructions or sheats on how to build.kook real good on the net.never has any planking for the hull neither.just a cheap kit but it has non of those 2 things i mentioned.it sucks really big time.said i have to contact them to getbuild constructions on line.they will send to my email.

Any one ever order any kits from china?well i ordered 1 and it did not have any instructions or sheats on how to build.kook real good on the net.never has any planking for the hull neither.just a cheap kit but it has non of those 2 things i mentioned.it sucks really big time.said i have to contact them to getbuild constructions on line.they will send to my email.
What kit did you order and from where?

Sounds like a problem unique to the company you ordered from. I have ordered from ZHL and have received excellent kits...all parts accounted for...first rate carvings...and fair kit instructions. Kit instructions were in English but I must say some of the translations to English were hysterical! The instructions do assume prior kit modeling experience however.

Sounds like a problem unique to the company you ordered from. I have ordered from ZHL and have received excellent kits...all parts accounted for...first rate carvings...and fair kit instructions. Kit instructions were in English but I must say some of the translations to English were hysterical! The instructions do assume prior kit modeling experience however.

I agree. This type of kit would not be a great 1st wood plank/frame to start out with. Many of these kits also come with flat cannons, capstans and anchors too. You may want to buy those parts separately from a hobby outlet if you do not have the capability to make them from scratch.

There is no such thing as (an average) 'Chinese' kit. There are first class kits, ie. from Caf and ZHL which put all European and American kits to shame. And there are the very cheap and nasty (nearly exclusively pirated) kits which are not worth a penny. Chinese kit makers pirate not only Western kits and documentation but another Chinese kit maker as well.
Janos

There is no such thing as (an average) 'Chinese' kit. There are first class kits, ie. from Caf and ZHL which put all European and American kits to shame. And there are the very cheap and nasty (nearly exclusively pirated) kits which are not worth a penny. Chinese kit makers pirate not only Western kits and documentation but another Chinese kit maker as well.
Janos

I agree. The OP was pretty clear that the kit he has is not the “Cadillac” option.

No instructions an no planking for hull. Suppose to be a small dory that hangs from the stern. There is no material for building it.damn shame seems like a nice boat according to the pitcures on the site.

Attachments

• 20200221_124053.jpg
    20200221_124053.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 1
over in another topic we discussed Banggood.com don't blame them they are not a model ship manufacture they are a retail outlet.

Whoever did these parts may be a fly by night operation who knows.

Janos

this is a reason for a open forum such as this i suggest anyone seeing a kit on line or some "to good to be true deal" ask us before you purchase, someone here may have had experience with these kits or more like a box of a random collection of parts.

As for instructions
there are enough builders on the forum that can answer most any question you might have.

finding stuff like hull planking that is no big problem you can order custom milled wood.

both CAF and ZHL are reputable dealers and sell high quality kits. both business owners are here on the forum and you can contact them direct.

Thanks bro.just it was a nice kit on the site.i may have got taken by the pictures.just it looks so nice.i guess looks aint everything.lol.

Been trying to find CAF? Zhl looks nice, but the shipping is killer. Guess it goes with the territory.

If i could get a photo or two id post it see if anyone has instructions on how to build.prolly have a pick once ii get the president build.

Back