Kit review BATAVIA - KOLDERSTOK

Hello Hans. Doing the review is an absolute pleasure. I have started the build and everything is going VERY well at this stage. I will start build logs on both SOS and Modelbouwforum in the coming week. Thank you for the advice on the paint. Much appreciated.

The plank bender consists of a soldering iron and a special formed heavy aluminum head. The soldering iron is suited for the European market and is 230 Volts, 30 Watt. I am pretty sure it will heat up if you plug it in a 120 Volt socket - but it will be probably not become hot enough to make it work properly.
If you have your own soldering iron with a shaft of 4 mm and 30 Watt power (not more) you can put the head into this iron and it will work perfect.

Last edited:
The plank bender consists of a soldering iron and a special formed heavy aluminum head. The soldering iron is suited for the European market and is 230 Volts, 30 Watt. I am pretty sure it will heat up if you plug it in a 120 Volt socket - but it will be probably not become hot enough to make it work properly.
I you have your own soldering iron with a shaft of 4 mm and 30 Watt power (not more) that you can put the head into this iron and it will work perfect.
Thats a good idea,I will check it out.

When applying the paint it is sometimes better to dilute it a little bit with water and paint the object in two or more layers for a better result.

I agree but I thinned it with Vallejo thinners and applied it with an Iwata eclipse airbrush and still same result.In fairness,this was their Premium air product so model colour may be slightly different.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Back