Willem Barentsz by Kolderstok AD 1596

It's looking good, Jan. However, with all fun and jokes aside about the 5/6 configuration, I would seriously consider adding the 6th gunport. When it comes to the front canopy, the beakhead side rails and the installation of the deadeyes, the fifth and sixth gunports play a vital role in locating the position of those three items. Trust me.

I see that you have also added the 4th wale as per my suggestion and build. Good decision!

It's looking good, Jan. However, with all fun and jokes aside about the 5/6 configuration, I would seriously consider adding the 6th gunport. When it comes to the front canopy, the beakhead side rails and the installation of the deadeyes, the fifth and sixth gunports play a vital role in locating the position of those three items. Trust me.

I see that you have also added the 4th wale as per my suggestion and build. Good decision!
Yup, the 6th gunport is on the "Re-Do" list.

Phoe, I am glad you mentioned this lost gunport. I was wondering what the problem is not to ad it.
So, Jan, it’s not a ‘re-do’. It’s just a ‘do’. :)
Regards, Peter

Jan,
Have I missed something or did you recently revisit your WB project?
I know I’ve been absent from the forum lately. :(

Jan,
Have I missed something or did you recently revisit your WB project?
I know I’ve been absent from the forum lately. :(
:DYup, I posted a picture of my WB with some planks added on this log, Heinrich posted that I should add the main deck to the WB. So while glue was setting on my SB today I sanded, fit and glued the main deck on the WB. :D Multitasking:D

Jan

Excellent work Jan. Just make sure that the two deck halves are completely flat where the deck butts up against the transom.

Excellent work Jan. Just make sure that the two deck halves are completely flat where the deck butts up against the transom.
Thanks for checking out my effort. Could not believe that I had not worked on the WB since last February. Wow, time flies when you are having fun.

Jan

Yes, my friend. I am virtually in the same boat as to my last actual productive building session. These days there are only scraps of time available which have to be divided between a multitude of things.

I know the feeling Jan. The trick will be to remove them where you want and not by accident.
Been there, done that. Just call me clumsy
Indeed, my excuse is big bumbly fingers. I shudder when I hear that "CRACK". Plus they also defy ones effort to get them glued exactly back to the same position.

Jan

Hmpf, rain yesterday, rain today, rain tomorrow. Good excuse to be in the shipyard. Todays progress.

Planking the deck.

F91DC8C6-5175-40DB-BE83-EDD6C40A06CE.jpeg

I think the big bumbly fingers did OK.

Jan

BTW, an example of local fauna. We have some very colorful mushrooms growing in the middle of the lawn. Yup, I think we need more rain.:oops:

05F8CC6B-BF35-4C9E-B19F-70039835E389.jpeg

Hmpf, rain yesterday, rain today, rain tomorrow. Good excuse to be in the shipyard. Todays progress.

Planking the deck.

View attachment 390168

I think the big bumbly fingers did OK.

Jan

BTW, an example of local fauna. We have some very colorful mushrooms growing in the middle of the lawn. Yup, I think we need more rain.:oops:

View attachment 390176
Decking looks wonderful, Jan!

Back