Willem Barentsz by Kolderstok AD 1596

One step closer. Had a bit of time this morning to start on the Balsa bow filler. I have them roughed in and I'm now waiting on (I hope) delivery of Balsa sticks I've ordered.

View attachment 295087

To follow all the build examples I need to fill in between BH's 1 & 2 and also at the stern between BH's 10 & 11.
This is A1 my friend! Exactly like you have done. In the end I removed the stern filling because it was easier for me to "read" the planking line without it. Piet, however, used it to very good effect.

The model shipyard work area needed to be modified. The hunching over, the back stress and constant ache of Sciatica was getting old. I think I found a good alternative.

F4AD1262-A74E-43E5-8E7F-DE8D7F936E17.jpeg

The work surface is 24 X 40 inches. The table can be raised and lowered by the push of a button. The assembly was straight forward and took about an hour.

692C1E63-BF9A-48C3-A2D4-EF9FDC1A1293.jpeg

The new shipyard dry dock.

( No the puppy didn’t come with it)

Now that is a great solution to be able to raise and lower your work station like that! Excellent!

Now that is a great solution to be able to raise and lower your work station like that! Excellent!
Indeed, working on the kits at desk or table level had become a back irritant. This table will allow me to sit and work at desk level, use a stool at mid level or just stand. In the past the best I’ve able to do is about an hour or so a day.

@Heinrich

Sitting in our Sun Room with my morning coffee, looking at last night snowfall, I’m reading, re-reading your WB posts. Piece #11 bothers me. Did you add that piece and “fair” that section of the hull before you added the rear keel piece or was the keel piece added and then the “fairing“ done.

8BDBE2DB-862F-4EBF-ACAB-AFE0F3EE0C84.jpeg

Last nights snow fall

Back