Willem Barentsz by Kolderstok AD 1596

@Heinrich, following the posts on your WB about the little boats and their placement (on board, towed behind, stored in the hold) I think I might have to use builders license and

View attachment 302725

build the bigger of the small boats, place it on the planked deck and build the rest of the WB around it.

What ya think?
It's not really necessary Jan! :) I think you can get away with building the WB first and then figure out a placement on the boat. By the way, they were carried onboard - I will post either later today or tomorrow about that.

Ach Heinrich, it‘s one of those days. I got my Covid Booster #2 this morning and ……SickSickSick
So not feeling like doing much I started fairing one of the ships boats.

A0D387E3-BCBB-41C2-8242-8F4FAE4A7F5B.jpeg

To date I’ve flunked fairing 101 many times but I keep right on trying. I finally figured out that if clamped my test plank to the bulkheads then I would be able to see if was getting close to hull shape required. Yup, that’s me, learn as you go.

Ach Heinrich, it‘s one of those days. I got my Covid Booster #2 this morning and ……SickSickSick
So not feeling like doing much I started fairing one of the ships boats.

View attachment 302871

To date I’ve flunked fairing 101 many times but I keep right on trying. I finally figured out that if clamped my test plank to the bulkheads then I would be able to see if was getting close to hull shape required. Yup, that’s me, learn as you go.
The Admiral and I received three shots total. Three times we were sick with high fevers.
Wish you well!
Nice job on those little boats, despite feeling under the weather.

That's not good to hear my friend. I'm starting to have mixed feelings about the vaccination and booster shots - they did not seem to have done much good here. In any case, I hope you are soon feeling fighting fit again. These lifeboats are pesky little things so the best of luck with them. Take your time with them - on the boat with the rounded stern, you will have to bend the planks on both ends ... tricky when having to establish their exact length.

That's not good to hear my friend. I'm starting to have mixed feelings about the vaccination and booster shots - they did not seem to have done much good here. In any case, I hope you are soon feeling fighting fit again. These lifeboats are pesky little things so the best of luck with them. Take your time with them - on the boat with the rounded stern, you will have to bend the planks on both ends ... tricky when having to establish their exact length.
The mind is going at tremendous speed, but the body is lagging behind. Booster #1 kept me down for a day or so. I expect to be my ornery self by the weekend.

The little boats are a challenge, but I think they will be good planking practice.

Hope you feel soon well, Jan. I got sick and tired after the second shot. I wasn't feeling about 3 months not fit and wasn't myself. The booster I said thanks, not for me. I'm think like Heinrich about it now. A lot of mixed feelings.

Back