Willem Barentsz by Kolderstok AD 1596

There was an opportunity to visit the WB boatyard this past weekend.

The results.

8AD863A1-7844-462B-A0AA-F8F38B6DBABE.jpeg

4E606306-B9F2-479A-8193-E7B1BD0C22B5.jpeg

Planking is not my favorite event. This much progress was an all day event. Soak, bend, fit and clamp the plank to the bulkhead, let the plank dry in place, check for fit and finally glue in place. Then repeat. Right or wrong I chose to do the three planks on the Port side versus alternating planking the Port and then the Starboard side.

That looks VERY good Jan. :) No problem with the three planks on only one side - this hull will never distort. It is hard to believe I have to do that bit all over again!

That looks VERY good Jan. :) No problem with the three planks on only one side - this hull will never distort. It is hard to believe I have to do that bit all over again!
You haven’t ordered one of those Japanese saws have you? Just imagine detailing the interior of your new build. :rolleyes:

Just joking - there is nothing wrong with Chinese beef - especially Mongolian steak. I actually don't know why I ordered the saw - we will see, but I can assure you it will be nothing like what Peter did. This is interesting though.

tek.-Willem-Barentsz-750.png

Just joking - there is nothing wrong with Chinese beef - especially Mongolian steak. I actually don't know why I ordered the saw - we will see, but I can assure you it will be nothing like what Peter did. This is interesting though.

View attachment 310162
Oh, WOW. I like that picture.That would be a great display model.

4872E18A-2E8F-45E2-9B61-D6C5639331BB_1_201_a.jpeg

The two circled areas are interesting.

Does anyone ever have enough clamps??

E389E784-9421-4E3E-BAD0-30A64D09CD65_1_201_a.jpeg

The 1st 4mm X 1.5mm "wale" clamped to the hull while drying.

Does anyone ever have enough clamps. Seems like I'm always one short, (see the small spring clamp at the upper right).

Todays building mood is supplemented by Dean Martin singing in the background. That's Amore just finished. :p:p:p

1A743B7E-3E61-4715-B8B6-0F6D5B3775C9_1_201_a.jpeg

Much to my surprise my very old iPod touch still works. Found it the other day in one our storage bins, after a quick charge and adding the iHome speakers we now have a mini stereo system.

Back