La Belle 1/36 - Plan by Jean Boudriot / myself

Thanks Uwe. But the CAF La Belle in 1/48 is the real fingerbreaker.
After this project maybe i will plan my Bonhomme Richard in 1/24 :cool:.
IN 1:24 the hull will be appr. 1,80 meter long (fully rigged 2,20 meter - so you can sail really with her on a lake -> bon voyage

A small update for my workshop. The Unimat shows me her limit and the logical step was to buy a bigger lathe. Bigger, but not a monster.
My choise was the Paulimot C2 for various reasons. The workingarea is 400mm, the valuations in the net are excellent. I have the luck that the
Paulimot headquater is 100km far from my home what gives me the possibility to test the machine. There is a bigger machine with similar datas.
Only with more power and digital scales. But i didn´t like the feeling with the digital scales. It was a strange feeling with the backslash an the scales.
Finaly the desicion was clear. I will now test the C2, if she works well i will sell my Unimat.

View attachment 185226View attachment 185227View attachment 185235View attachment 185228View attachment 185229View attachment 185230View attachment 185231View attachment 185232View attachment 185233View attachment 185234

Lovely little lathe Oliver,
The quick change tool post you have is fantastic to use, I have the same style on my lathe.
I like the collet chuck as well.
Laths and mills are almost useless without accessory's.
Cheers,
Stephen.

Back