La Belle 1684 - Caf Model 1:48 by Gennaro [COMPLETED BUILD]

Guys.... I am lost on this issue and I would like to understand it so I can learn. Can you kindly show a picture or a drawing of what are you talking about. I am sorry for asking this due to my level of ignorance on marin/ship vocabulary. Nevertheless, I want to understad the issue.

Thank you !!
Daniel
See below what I mean, hope it helps.
20201112_081450.jpg
The strip is locking the beams in place.
As you can copy the strip for PS and SB side your beams will be exactly paralel.

Hi Daniel!

SANY0920.JPG
The frames consist of the lower part (green) called half-Floor. The upper pieces (red) are all called futtocks. CAF has left small noses (arrows) on some frames as support for the gundeck clamps, on which the deck beams are placed.

SANY0915.JPG
Nose on the bow bulkhead.

SANY0917.JPG
Hanging knees are not included in the kit. But if you look closely you can see the supports for the thinner deck beams of the hatches.

SANY0918.JPG
Carlings around the hatch edge. Carlings are the cut-outs for the carpenter where another component is placed.

With best regards
Thomas

Guys.... I am lost on this issue and I would like to understand it so I can learn. Can you kindly show a picture or a drawing of what are you talking about. I am sorry for asking this due to my level of ignorance on marin/ship vocabulary. Nevertheless, I want to understad the issue.

Thank you !!
Daniel
Sorry for the late response, Daniel. Many thanks to Maarten and Thomas for detailed explanation. Interesting variations among different versions of the same kit. Mine came with hanging knees, but frame patterns give you only the outside shape of the frame, not inner. Since I had to rebuild several frames, that involved some AutoCAD jiggling. Thanks for you interest. How is Pegasus going?

Sorry for the late response, Daniel. Many thanks to Maarten and Thomas for detailed explanation. Interesting variations among different versions of the same kit. Mine came with hanging knees, but frame patterns give you only the outside shape of the frame, not inner. Since I had to rebuild several frames, that involved some AutoCAD jiggling. Thanks for you interest. How is Pegasus going?

No worries at all, Maarten and Thomas went the extra mile to explain me the issue. That is what I like from SOS. We all teach/show what we know.

The Pegasus is going on. I just spent my first 2 morning hours, before starting my real job, to position 5 pieces of wood for the bottom deck planking. Because there are no real guide from the instructions, I spent a lot if time watching pictures and thinking ahead what I have to do that will allow me to continue and do not interfere with the next step. Beside that, during the weekend and this week I didn't have time for her. Soon will be an update. Stay tuned :)

Daniel

And the rest of them were straightforward to manufacture. I'm satisfied with the end result - didn't get a crooked deck. Thanks again Maarten for the tip. Now I can mark the centerline, positions of carlings etc. Thanks for all the likes.

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG

Does your comment on Bluenose have something to do with this?

Is this because of building La Belle?
The GI did not provide the reason. So I can't tell. This is what happened today
before I was awarded the banner of honour. I posted on CPW the following message
(paraphrase): "Rather confused. ZHL sells pearwood and nice fittings. Do I get
banned for buying pearwood and nice fittings from the "banned" company?" The next
time I tried to login I was welcomed with the message "Banned". :)

No worries at all, Maarten and Thomas went the extra mile to explain me the issue. That is what I like from SOS. We all teach/show what we know.

The Pegasus is going on. I just spent my first 2 morning hours, before starting my real job, to position 5 pieces of wood for the bottom deck planking. Because there are no real guide from the instructions, I spent a lot if time watching pictures and thinking ahead what I have to do that will allow me to continue and do not interfere with the next step. Beside that, during the weekend and this week I didn't have time for her. Soon will be an update. Stay tuned :)

Daniel
Your thinking and planning now what to do to facilitate future tasks is good not only for our builds but for life in general. It is similar to the Northeastern Native Peoples seven generations philosophy of not making a decision without considering how it could affect their descendants. Global warming a present issue no matter where you stand or believe. . . our present acts are irreversible and will affect the future (we only have so many limited resources to be extracted and cannot be replaced. . . maybe substituted. Too much wandering mind. . . back to the builds. Keep on thinking ahead. Rich (PT-2)

Back