La Belle - Caf Model 1:48 by Thomas Marocke [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very accurate work - very good appearance (CLOU sei Dank) - I "like" your model very much Thumbsup

The captain's cabin got the roof.

SANY1284.JPG
The components from the kit.

SANY1281.JPG
The roofing according to the "Ancre" construction plan.

SANY1285.JPG
To ensure a good view of the interior, the necessary components were re-cut from pear-wood and mounted. For the correct angles and distances helped spirit level and spacers.

SANY1286.JPG

SANY1287.JPG

Best regards
Thomas

Last edited:
The captain's cabin got the roof.

View attachment 241324
The components from the kit.

View attachment 241325
The roofing according to the "Ancre" construction plan.

View attachment 241326
To ensure a good view of the interior, the necessary components were re-cut from pear-wood and mounted. For the correct angles and distances helped spirit level and spacers.

View attachment 241327

View attachment 241328

Best regards
Thomas
As always your work is impeccable.

SANY1290.JPG
The work on the forecastle continues. However, before the planks are laid, a small assembly is still missing.

SANY1297.JPG
It's the little things that make a model even more beautiful. The stopper for the windlass was not included for simplicity for the beginner. So it was made myself. Holder with pawl and bolt.

SANY1298.JPG
. . . and installed.

Best regards
Thomas

It's the little things that make a model even more beautiful. The stopper for the windlass was not included for simplicity for the beginner. So it was made myself. Holder with pawl and bolt.
. . . and installed.

Hallo Thomas,
very well done - so it is good to have the Boudriot drawings - with this you can make a "great one", like @Heinrich mentioned

P7130529.JPG
The deck and the crane beams from the kit. On the lower right, the prepared new crane beams in one piece and on the upper right the anchors with imitated nailing by a needle and a rope around the anchor rings.

P7130525.JPG
Deck planks with test mast and half planking with view of the stove.

P7130527.JPG

P7130526.JPG
While on larger frigates and larger ships the sailors could stand, it was very crowded on the "La Belle". It was certainly not an easy life on board such ships.

Best regards
Thomas

P7140532.JPG

The sailor is the young Jean (Boudriot). He knows the details of this ship and helps me build it. His only complaint is that the ship is too small and he can just about stand upright in the cabin. He constantly wants me to build a more spacious ship from his collection. Of course, he gets to sleep in the cabin every night.

Best regards
Thomas

Back