Sail & Sail Model - New Kit Belle Poule 1780 - 1:72 scale by Sail and Sail

I've been working on this model for a while. La Belle Poule in scale 1/72 shows a lovely size. This model is designed in a new way. I split the hull into two parts: Traditional Lower Hull and Pear Wood Upper Hull.

The Upper Hull is capable to show the structure of the ship. The Lower Hull is precisely designed for single planking with well-unfolded Lasercut parts and marked skeleton.

I use pear wood to build the ship and it looks nice. Then I made mistakes while painting the model. Now the ship looks quite ancient and dirty. I like the texture before she was painted.

I am in a hurry so the model looks bad. Though the work haven't done yet, I can't wait to share the photos with all of you. I will post more details and progress in the following days.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to everyone.
Construction  (1).jpg
Construction  (2).jpgConstruction  (3).jpgConstruction  (4).jpgConstruction  (5).jpgConstruction  (6).jpgConstruction  (7).jpgConstruction  (8).jpgConstruction  (9).jpgConstruction  (10).jpgConstruction  (11).jpgConstruction  (12).jpgConstruction  (13).jpgConstruction  (14).jpgConstruction  (15).jpgConstruction  (16).jpgConstruction  (17).jpgConstruction  (18).jpg

Last edited:
Hi SAIL AND SAIL!

You use a robust construction method that is very easy for the modeler to follow. How is the wood cut, you do not see laser burn marks, only those of the labels and guides. At the moment construction models with open frames are very popular.

But to be able to rebuild such a beautiful and well known frigate "relatively easy" will find many friends.

Merry Christmas
Thomas

Hi SAIL AND SAIL! You use a robust construction method that is very easy for the modeler to follow. How is the wood cut, you do not see laser burn marks, only those of the labels and guides. At the moment construction models with open frames are very popular. But to be able to rebuild such a beautiful and well known frigate "relatively easy" will find many friends. Merry Christmas Thomas

Hello Thomas
The wood parts are already polished before I assemble them. When I arrange the laser cut documents, I reasonably enlarge the shape of every part. After I polish them, their shapes are accurate.
I decided to settle this model as scale 1/72 because the size will be appropriate - not too big to place the model at home nor too small that details can not be produced. But it seems that with multiple details, this model is going to be a really hard and complex one. So I asked myself: can I do my best to build a specific model of my dream ship? Maybe it’s worth designing a beautiful one. Life is short and hard. But with dreams, life is also splendid.
I wish you will like this model and comment on photos I post in the future.
Merry Christmas

Best Regards
763949F4-F170-46C1-84CE-D90D065C07CB.jpegE78358B9-AB49-4CE8-8A2F-8FC0E28C46D5.jpeg323C9BC5-FD06-4940-9C21-8D7F0E119E18.jpeg

Last edited:
WOW ANOTHER ONE FROM CHINA, JUST SO REMARABLE IN CONCEPT AND QUALITY, EAT YOUR HEART OUT TO ANOTHER FORUM LIVE IN YOUR DREAMWORLD, THIS IS WHAT IT IA ALL ABOUT, KEEP IT THE WAY YOU HAVE IT, DO YOU HAVE A PRICE RANGE AND RELEASE DATE, AGAINA SAFE AND HEALTHY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR TO ALL AND MAY PEACE REIGN ETERNAL. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

These wonderful new Chinese kits are leaving the rest for dead. Great stuff. :)
Hi Brian,
Thank you for your reply. I am so glad that you like my building work.
I will post replies if this model gets progress in other areas. Now, I have to say that it is a selfmade ship.

I will post more photos in the future and I wish you will send your opinions.
Thank you

Well Well you got our opinion , pls turn your great idea into reality we could all use something a little larger and FRENCH . All these ACRE books on bookshelves need to be dusted off and put to good use

Keep us informed more pictures please

Back