La Renommée - French Frigate 1744 (1/48) - Based on Monographie from J. BOUDRIOT

Very good work - it is important not to work fast to make big progress - more important is to make good quality, and this you do. Thumbs-Up

My friend, I have one question:
The holes in the deck, I guess these are prepared recesses for later installed stanchions / supports under the beam - but at the same location is the door or passage.
I do not have the drawings of the Renommee in hand to take a look, therefore I have to ask you - how is this contradiction solved?
0614.jpg

Hello gentlemen,

Small progression ...

That's all for today !

See you later ...

Patrick
Great work with high precision - And I have to ask, because I am a master of killing drills
What is the diameter of your drill? How often you are braking the drill, so how much you need
Where do you buy them? And which electric tool is it, that you get the access so easily?
Please I need here some advise, because I did not find until now a good and working solution......

Hi Uwe !

To answer the question, I use "micro-forests" from various sites. Here are some addresses and some photos :

- https://octantventeenligne.com/index.php?item=&action=page&group_id=20000168&lang=FR

- https://www.conrad.fr/recherche?search=micro-forets&searchType=regular

- https://www.otelo.fr/is-bin/INTERSH...llpartial&Ntk=Default_OTFR&qEngine=forets&Nu= p_SkuGroup_ID & N = 16037 + 16046 = NTT & drills

- https://www.lepetittrainbleu.fr/3-forets-hss-0-5-mm.html

1570530700078.png

1570530734486.png

Regarding the drills, I have three models : a Proxxon, a "Minicraft" and finally a small "German" bought a long time ago : "Hobby Drill"

1570530770635.png

1570530827260.png

1570530857996.png

1570530896795.png

In the example above, I use the "Hobby Drill" with 0.3mm diameter, no breakage !
I happen to break forests, but not so much, the secret is to drill well perpendicular, easy to say and less to do !

That's it, I hope it fits your expectations.

Good day Uwe !

Patrick

Hallo Patrick, alias @Péji
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Hallo Uwe !

Vielen Dank für diese kleine Notiz, die mich glücklich macht !
Ich setze die Arbeit an La Renommée fort, ich habe momentan keine Fotos ... wahrscheinlich in ein paar Tagen ...

Guten Tag !

Patrick

Hello Gentlemen !

It was a long time ago, wasn't it ! I had "lifted my feet" certainly but despite all the work continued ...
A big piece for me: the false deck. I was not sure how to do it. Finally, I decided to do everything by hand : cutting the slats, adjusting them, sanding etc ...

Some photos of the successive stages :

A small patina, nails :

I decided to make openings in different places where there is something to see. The upper decks will also be opened to show the structure ...
To summarize : the wedge will be visible through the frames and on the opposite side we will see the structure in "plunging" mode.
I make the openings :

The false deck in place - not glued - to see what it gives :

I also wanted a lighting system for the hold and the deck. I had not shown you these photos where I installed some micro-leds in the bilge to start :

All this being practically invisible from above :

continue the lighting work with a whole ramp of leds, embedded in a slat, so that they are not visible when we look between the frames :

That's it for the moment. The continuation next time !

I wish you a good day !

Patrick

WOW - Very good work - really worth to wait for the updates - nevertheless I would be happy to see much more often your progress on this model

Hello Gentlemen,

Thank you for your feedback.

The Leds ramp is now definitely in place :

The false deck is glued.

Here is a lighting test. The brightness satisfies me : the goal is not to let it light up permanently but to be able to show the inside of the hold on occasion ...

So let there be light :

So much for this day. I enjoyed myself ...

Patrick

Back