LA VOLAGE sezione prodiera e poppiera scala 1/24 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo Michele,
hope you are well and working hard on your Volage ? Any update possible?

[QUOTE = "Uwek, post: 95242, membro: 5020"]
Ciao Michele,
speri che tu stia bene e lavori duramente sul tuo Volage? Qualche aggiornamento possibile?
[/ CITAZIONE]

Ciao, ti ringrazio del pensiero, sei molto gentile. Io sto bene, lo spero anche tu. Nel frattempo ho terminato la sezione prodiera. E 'stata trattata con gommalacca, bitume di giudea, cera e qualche altro ritocco di bitume, ed infine con una protezione opaca trasparente. Come avevo illustrato all'inizio, ho trovato l'originale l'idea di rappresentarla, invece del solito basamento, con un quadro. All'interno il quadro è stato forato per poter vedere anche negli interni quando non è appeso al muro.

google translation:
Hi, thank you for your thought, you are very kind. I'm fine, I hope so too. In the meantime I have finished the bow section. It was treated with shellac, Jewish bitumen, wax and some other bitumen retouching, and finally with a transparent opaque protection. As I had illustrated at the beginning, I found the original the idea of representing it, instead of the usual base, with a painting. Inside the painting has been drilled to be able to see even in the interior when it is not hanging on the wall.

IMG_1471.JPGIMG_1362.JPGIMG_1363.JPGIMG_1372.JPGIMG_1376.JPGIMG_1400.JPGIMG_1406.JPGIMG_1414.JPGIMG_1417.JPGIMG_1418.JPGIMG_1433.JPGIMG_1443.JPGIMG_1446.JPGIMG_1448.JPGIMG_1461.JPGIMG_1462.JPGIMG_1465.JPGIMG_1468.JPGIMG_1470.JPGIMG_1472.JPGIMG_1475.JPGIMG_1483.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW and once more WOW - Amazing appearance and overall impression
It is looking like a contemporary model - technically very interesting and also decorative
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Do you know already by heart, when the planset from Lemineur via ancre will be released?
Will be also a very interesting monograph......

WOW and once more WOW - Amazing appearance and overall impression
It is looking like a contemporary model - technically very interesting and also decorative
Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup
Do you know already by heart, when the planset from Lemineur via ancre will be released?
Will be also a very interesting monograph......

Grazie, credo a fine anno o ad inizio anno nuovo.

Thanks, I believe at the end of the year or at the beginning of the new year.

and of course the important question -> What is your next project?
I know, that you can not be without any new ship model...

Il mio prossimo lavoro sarà il Vascello Veneziano, salvo ritardi nello sviluppo dei piani. Comunque ho sempre il Commerce de Marseille in scala 1/72 da continuare. Quindi come dici bene tu non starò certo fermo :);)

My next job will be the Venetian vessel, barring delays in developing the plans. However, I always have the 1/72 scale Commerce de Marseille to continue. So as you say well you will certainly not stand still :);)

Il mio prossimo lavoro sarà il Vascello Veneziano, salvo ritardi nello sviluppo dei piani. Comunque ho sempre il Commerce de Marseille in scala 1/72 da continuare. Quindi come dici bene tu non starò certo fermo :);)

My next job will be the Venetian vessel, barring delays in developing the plans. However, I always have the 1/72 scale Commerce de Marseille to continue. So as you say well you will certainly not stand still :);)

Ecco un piccolo avanzamento dello sviluppo del Vascello Veneziano elaborato dall'ingegnere Luigi Ombrato
Here is a small advance in the development of the Venetian vessel developed by the engineer Luigi Ombrato

Text of the media attachment:
FIRST RANK VENETIAN VESSEL OF THE XVIII CENTURY (SINGLE RIB). ELABORATION OF LUIGI OMBRATO.

At the Naval Museum of Venice we were able to observe two models of unknown origin, devoid of any documentation identified as 1st-class Venetian Vessel models of the eighteenth century. Luigi is also an engineer and as a technician he reports what he sees. With photogrammetry it was possible to report the true reconstruction of that model and the reconstruction drawings will be based on this. What can I say, a real show.

Ecco un piccolo avanzamento dello sviluppo del Vascello Veneziano elaborato dall'ingegnere Luigi Ombrato
Here is a small advance in the development of the Venetian vessel developed by the engineer Luigi Ombrato

Text of the media attachment:
FIRST RANK VENETIAN VESSEL OF THE XVIII CENTURY (SINGLE RIB). ELABORATION OF LUIGI OMBRATO.

At the Naval Museum of Venice we were able to observe two models of unknown origin, devoid of any documentation identified as 1st-class Venetian Vessel models of the eighteenth century. Luigi is also an engineer and as a technician he reports what he sees. With photogrammetry it was possible to report the true reconstruction of that model and the reconstruction drawings will be based on this. What can I say, a real show.
This is a really interesting project, especially since some time I am very interested in the ship construction of venice.
I have two interesting books about this often unknown navy
Especially the second book could be of some interest for you, due to the fact, that several structural details are shown by the author

Buonasera, inizio un nuovo cantiere, la Volage, barca lunga del 1693, scala 1/24 monografia di Jean-Claude Lemineur. Precisamente farò solo le sezioni poppiera e prodiera per rappresentare tutte le sculture. Naturalmente visto che la monografia è ancora in fase di lavorazione ho avuto l'autorizzazione dei signori Didier Berti, Jean-Claude Lemineur e Franco Fissore.

Good evening, start a new shipyard, the Volage, long boat from 1693, 1/24 scale monograph by Jean-Claude Lemineur. Precisely I will do only the aft and bow sections to represent all the sculptures. Of course, given that the monograph is still in the process of being worked on, I had the authorization of Messrs Didier Berti, Jean-Claude Lemineur and Franco Fissore.

View attachment 132935View attachment 132936View attachment 132937View attachment 132938View attachment 132940View attachment 132941
Alla fine della costruzione delle due sezioni ho deciso di rappresentare non con la semplice base ma è un quadro con relativa cornice a tema, accanto a un'altra, mostrando la parte frontale di entrambe. Ho deciso anche di usare le patine e le cerimonie particolari per osare un aspetto un po 'vissuto visto il modo in cui poi saranno esposte.

At the end of the construction of the two sections I decided to represent not with the simple base but it is a painting with its themed frame, next to another, showing the front of both. I also decided to use the patina and the special ceremonies to dare a somewhat lived aspect given the way in which they will then be exhibited.
Hallo my friend Michele,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day with your family and friends
Birthday-Cake

Wow - great result and the appearance is looking like a contemporary model from the 18th century.
I have one question to the rose....
in one photo you show the flower / rose alone and carved separate
IMG_1636.JPG
and in the following embedded - I guess in one piece
IMG_1642.JPG
Did you change it afterwards and used only the second solution, or is the rose /flower of the first photo implemented?
Independent of your answer - amazing accuracy

Wow - great result and the appearance is looking like a contemporary model from the 18th century.
I have one question to the rose....
in one photo you show the flower / rose alone and carved separate
View attachment 164048
and in the following embedded - I guess in one piece
View attachment 164049
Did you change it afterwards and used only the second solution, or is the rose /flower of the first photo implemented?
Independent of your answer - amazing accuracy

Cao, sono tre pezzi, il fiore è incastonato nell'ornamento di foglie, il tutto su una base.

Cao, they are three pieces, the flower is embedded in the ornament of leaves, all on a base.

Back