Laser Cutting Machine

I have a few vintage, wood kits that are not laser cut panels. The lines on the panels are very clear. Is there a reasonably priced wood laser cutting machine on the market, where one is able to place the panels in the machine and the laser simply traces cuts on the lines? I don’t need all of the bells and whistles and it does not need to connect to a computer for CAD, etc. Just something simple. Thanks for any/all help.

Hello, tomsimon, I don't think, even after acquiring a 'simple' laser machine you would be able to archive what you need. Laser machines read from the file in order to cut. However, using the existing lines you may be able to scan and convert to a file. Members, who are using laser cut machines daily will chime in and explain it better.

I love the scroll saw idea, but some of the parts are so small and intricate I am concerned that I would damage the existing wood. I would assume with a laser there’s less room for error.

I DO NOT HAVE A LASSER IT IS A STTEP, STTEP LEARNING CURVE, SCROLL SAW IDEA IS THE BEST BUT AND THIS IS ME MOST SCROLL SAWS HAVE A LOT OF VIBRATION MICRO MART HAS A MULTI SAW DESIGN THAT I AM GOING TO GET NOW I USE MY BAND SAW I LEAVE ENOUGH MEAT AND GET IT TO PROPER DIMENSIONS USING DREMELL WITH SANDING DRUMS DIFFERENT GRITS, FORGET LASSERS, SCROLL SAW, BAND SAW, THAT IS THE WAY TO GO. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Back