Launch of the ship "Twelve Apostles" in 1:48, Master Korabel [COMPLETED BUILD]

DSC_7144.JPG

I'm starting a new project, it's a brand new kit by Master Korabel, released in December.
These boats were part of the equipment for all the 1st rate ships of the Russian Navy in 19th century, not only the “Twelve Apostles”. Launches like this were used for patrols during the defence of Sevastopol in the Crimean war (1854-55) after the sinking of the Black Sea fleet.
The kit allows you to build the launch in different versions – with or without rigging, with oars or under sails, armed for a landing operation or for an expedition, and so on.
My kit is an extended one, all in pearwood and with ready-made sails.

DSC_7145.JPG

DSC_7147.JPG

DSC_7149.JPG

For framework assembling this kit provides a 3D plastic jig, instead of a wooden holding frame. As you can see, the model correctly copies the real boat's construction.

DSC_7146.JPG

The carronade is metal-cast.

DSC_7151.JPG

DSC_7153.JPG

The sails (only the reef points are missing).

DSC_7154.JPG

DSC_7155.JPG

25 pages of various schemes and specifications.

DSC_7156.JPG

DSC_7157.JPG

To be continued (after the start).

View attachment 347120

I'm starting a new project, it's a brand new kit by Master Korabel, released in December.
These boats were part of the equipment for all the 1st rate ships of the Russian Navy in 19th century, not only the “Twelve Apostles”. Launches like this were used for patrols during the defence of Sevastopol in the Crimean war (1854-55) after the sinking of the Black Sea fleet.
The kit allows you to build the launch in different versions – with or without rigging, with oars or under sails, armed for a landing operation or for an expedition, and so on.
My kit is an extended one, all in pearwood and with ready-made sails.

View attachment 347121

View attachment 347130

View attachment 347131

For framework assembling this kit provides a 3D plastic jig, instead of a wooden holding frame. As you can see, the model correctly copies the real boat's construction.

View attachment 347122

The carronade is metal-cast.

View attachment 347123

View attachment 347124

The sails (only the reef points are missing).

View attachment 347125

View attachment 347126

25 pages of various schemes and specifications.

View attachment 347127

View attachment 347128

To be continued (after the start).
Good morning Vladimir. That looks like an amazing kit. So much detail and documentation included. I will pull up a chair here. Cheers Grant

Going on with the frames. The process is quite fast and easy, only the bow frames need some special attention.

View attachment 348129

I forgot to install the transom on the keel before glueing the frames, but fortunately it's not a critical mistake.

View attachment 348130
I liked the new approach to the construction of the ship which is expressed mainly in the jig/plastic mold which supports and enables optimal accuracy.
I will continue to follow with great curiosity

Going on with the frames. The process is quite fast and easy, only the bow frames need some special attention.

View attachment 348129

I forgot to install the transom on the keel before glueing the frames, but fortunately it's not a critical mistake.

View attachment 348130
Good morning Vladimir. That plastic jig is so clever- it makes a difficult process easier. I wonder why all POF manufacturers don’t use it? It’s like every frame should be just perfect. Nice. Cheers Grant

1) Here in Russia it's a patented technology and 2) it requires another technological process and more expenses for the manufacturer.
Do you know more high quality Russian ship kits manufacturer? I am building a few Master Korabel Brigantina Phoenix ships and I am very happy with the quality.

Hi Vladimir,

Love the details on these Master Korabel kits.
It would now be time that Master Korabel comes with a 1:48 scale kit of the 12 Apostels, that would be great.

Back