LAWRENCE

This may be a little unusual for this forum, but I have a question that I hope I can get some answers for on this site. I inherited a one of a kind museum collection of hand made wooden ships of the civil war that are to scale and were a museum collection of my father who passed away about 12 years ago. My father was a handcrafter modeler and built and sold wooden ships for much of his life to museums and collectors around the globe. This collection can be seen on," YOU TUBE under Strange Inheritance Civil War Ships". I am looking to sell this entire museum, which includes Ships, blue prints, pictures, books, artifacts and 6 custom built cabinets. The truth is I have an entire museum of one of a kind articles that me and my wife have decided to sell in the hopes that someone would take the collection and open their own museum and display these ships or perhaps just want a collection that no one else has. Frankly, we have run out of room at our house and storage, and we still have another museum of Korean War ships that we are going to have to deal with in the very near future as well. I was just hoping that maybe someone here might be interested or know someone that is interested in something like this. I know its a longshot, but if you have any suggestions, please feel free to contact me via email @ larry.atteridge@nrmchospital.org or phone @ 318-652-2183. Thank you. PS...I have about 100 ships!

Last edited:
Alittle community called DERRY, about 25 miles south of Natchitoches La. The oldest town in the Louisiana Purchase. About 300 years old.

I spent about 14 years in Alexandria, in Air Force before they closed the base, also had two years in Shreveport at Barksdale.

Used to love to go to Natchitoches for Holiday Lights in December.

Yes, I am the Director of EMS for Natchitoches Parish for the past 26 years and have attended every Light festival during that time. Don't know what the future holds with this coronavirus and the future festivals. Anyway, I have been blessed with this huge collection from my late father, William Robert Atteridge and quite frankly, would really like to see them go to someone who would enjoy them or want to display them. I guess as they say on Strange Inheritance, "You cant take them with you". Problem is that they are quite valuable, so it would take someone who has the capital and the passion my father had.

If your looking for something to do, you should watch the Strange Inheritance episode, it makes for interesting viewing if nothing else.

Welcome aboard!!It would be possible to post some images of collection?Thank you!

Welcome aboard!!It would be possible to post some images of collection?Thank you!
Yes its possible. I need some help from my wife as my computer skill are lacking to say the least! I will try. That’s kind of why I keep referencing the Strange Inheritance on you tube. It gives you a great idea of what I have.

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum - I am crossing all the fingers

I saw the YouTube video, quite a nice collection you still have.

The custom display cabinets help show them off nicely.

After the last fire you had, did you get good insurance on the collection.

We came down last February to Pineville, to attend my step sisters funeral, we stopped at a nice gas station on east side of interstate at the big exit in town. They had lots of interesting stuff for sale and great snack bakery in store.

I wish you luck in finding more about the models your dad sold when he was still making them, to get better records of his full production work.

Back