Le Commerce de Marseille - 1788 - 1/48 Scale Plans

1/48 Plans Available.

Recently I purchased the Le Commerce de Marseille - 1788 - (1/72) monograph from Ancre. Ancre shipped me the book and the 1/48 scale plans by mistake. I would have to buy a new house to build the 1/48 scale ship. ROTF When I made them aware I needed the 1/72 plates, they shipped them straight away. When I asked what they would like me to do with the 1/48 scale plans, they told me to keep them as it was too expensive to ship back to France from the US. They did asked if I would post them on the site forums to see if anyone was interested.

Ancre did say they would "offer a deal" on the plans. They did not state what that deal would be. But I did state I would be happy to ship to someone if they did strike a deal with Ancre. The link to the monograph is below.

Cheers,
Ken

Last edited:
1/48 Plans Available.

Recently I purchased the Le Commerce de Marseille - 1788 - (1/72) monograph from Ancre. Ancre shipped me the book and the 1/48 scale plans by mistake. I would have to buy a new house to build the 1/48 scale ship. ROTF When I made them aware I needed the 1/72 plates, they shipped them straight away. When I asked what they would like me to do with the 1/48 scale plans, they told me to keep them as it was too expensive to ship back to France from the US. They did asked if I would post them on the site forums to see if anyone was interested.

Ancre did say they would "offer a deal" on the plans. They did not state what that deal would be. But I did state I would be happy to ship to someone if they did strike a deal with Ancre. The link to the monograph is below.

Cheers,
Ken

I will take the Mercure at 1/48. Let me know how to get "the deal" going. I have built 6 of ancre's projects to date ALL AT 1/48. Have the seventh project, L'Hermione, in process. I think that Berti will know my name. IF not, he will find it in his file. Contact me, Bill36, at WESIAM12@GMAIL.COM. By the way, ancre is the best.

I will take the Mercure at 1/48. Let me know how to get "the deal" going. I have built 6 of ancre's projects to date ALL AT 1/48. Have the seventh project, L'Hermione, in process. I think that Berti will know my name. IF not, he will find it in his file. Contact me, Bill36, at WESIAM12@GMAIL.COM. By the way, ancre is the best.
Dear Bill
I would love to see your work on the L'Hermione, because I bought it too.
thanks

due to the fact that you mention it, that you already build several ancre ships and are working oin the Hermione - why not showing us your work?
Would be very interesting to see and a lot of members, modelers are looking for ......

BTW:
if you are interested in this planset, please take also a look at the planset review we have here in our forum

Hey Bill,

I will send Berti an email and let him know you're interested in the plans. I will give him your email if that is ok. You two can work out the details on price and how you want to get the actual book on the ship as all I have is the plates. At 1/48, this project is HUGE. I too would love to see some of your work.
Once I finish my ST, I may start a build log on this ship or the Le Fleuron, which I also have.

Let's keep in touch on the next steps. If you prefer to PM me moving forward, feel free.

Cheers,
Ken

Sent the email to Ancre. You should hear from them Bill. I also asked Berti to keep me informed as to how to ship the plans to you, provided you reach an agreement.
Cheers,
Ken

Hey Bill,

I will send Berti an email and let him know you're interested in the plans. I will give him your email if that is ok. You two can work out the details on price and how you want to get the actual book on the ship as all I have is the plates. At 1/48, this project is HUGE. I too would love to see some of your work.
Once I finish my ST, I may start a build log on this ship or the Le Fleuron, which I also have.

Let's keep in touch on the next steps. If you prefer to PM me moving forward, feel free.

Cheers,
Ken
Hoss6262 - I have made a BIG error. I forgot that the Plans you have are for a first rate. For some reason I thought that the plans were for the small commersial vessel that goes by the name Mercure (monograph by ancre.fr). I have wanted to build the Mercure for a long time but just have never got around to it. The Mersailles is too much of a monster. L'Hermione is also a monster, 5 foot long by 4 foot high. I really do not have room for this one much less for a second monster. Fleuron (monograph by ancre.fr) is also a biggee. I saw one interpretation of this model at Wisconsin 5 years ago; built in lifts like the Granado model but with no rigging. Sorrry I can not use Mersailles. I am just beginning to rig L'H. I will send you some pix in a week or two ; everything is a mess today. I tried some new framing ideas on this model. Most have worked out. One or two were a bust. A couple of the more radical ideas (at least for me) are in progress; it will take a few weeks to see what happens. The idea was to speed up the building process so it does not take a lifetime to build some of these monsters. I also used rock maple for the frames(I have a lot of this really beautiful wood and thought I would try it for modeling). Never again. that stuff is as hard as aluminum. Blades on my jigsaw lasted for three frames and then were totally worn out. I bought all the 7 tooth blades Lowes had in stock and then had to go to Amazon. I could complete 3 frames a day however. I completed the 60 some frames and had them installed in 5 weeks; better than the 5 years that some build logs have reported. I made no attempt to build/cleanup any structures in the interior. I prefer to spend my time on the exterior and rigging rather than on stuff that no one can see inside. I try to build miniature ships as one would have seen them in real life at a distance of about a hundred yards, not pretty mantel pieces. I paint nothing (very few captains painted their ships 300 years ago). I choose material that will (hopefully) last a hundred years, at least; which means I am not a fan of paper, paint, pre-formed stuff and plastic. Thanx for exchanging emails.
Bille36 (aka wesiam12gmail.com and william E Sproul)

Last edited:
Bill, No worries. I will let Ancre know that I will continue to hold onto the 1/48 scale plans. Maybe some brave soul with a lot of swiss pear and a huge house will come along and want the plan.

Looking forward to some pix of your L'Hermione. Best of luck with your projects.

Ken.

Bill, No worries. I will let Ancre know that I will continue to hold onto the 1/48 scale plans. Maybe some brave soul with a lot of swiss pear and a huge house will come along and want the plan.

Looking forward to some pix of your L'Hermione. Best of luck with your projects.

Ken.
All of the above and an extended lifespan.
Bill

Too err is human, to foul up requires a computer....

We all make mistake and with may ships having similar names I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Hey Ken,
I might be your huckleberry. How would I go about getting information in regards to purchasing the plans? I currently enjoy building cross sections and this ship seems to be what I may enjoy taking on. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Raymond

Last edited:
Hey Ken,
In the event that you still have the plans available, would you be able to PM me for any information you believe necessary in order to make this happen?

Warm regards,
Raymond

Back