Le Coureur 1:48 CAF model by Christian

Hi everybody!

Just to make sure, that I am making no mistakes.
How do I put the parts of the frames together?
Laser mark on laser mark? (pic 1)
or all laser marks up (pic 2)
Hallo my friend,

take a look at this post in my building log, where I described it

Take also a look at post #45 of my log

This is showing once more the good after sale service by CAF Thumbsup
I am looking forward to see your frames inside the jig installed on the keel ..... :cool:

Hi everybody!

Received my kit on monday, shipping was very very quickly!
Book by Ancre arrived yesterday.

Went through the parts and recognised, that the parts of the jig are warped.
Does this matter or is that fixed by building it and fixing the bottom parts on a solid plate?

I also browsed the book and saw, that the stern windows are named "false windows". Does that mean they were only painted black or
were they real glassed windows although the room behind is not really usable for the crew?

Will start building tomorrow!

Happy new year!
Hallo Christian alias @Gebirgsmarine
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thank you for the birthday wishes Uwe!
Work on the Coureur goes on very slowly, still working on the frames...........

Thank you for the birthday wishes Uwe!
Work on the Coureur goes on very slowly, still working on the frames...........
Ja Ja - the frames are taking some time....... but you will see with the planking, that this work is taking even more time.

So therefore I want to make a proposal: Take some rest of the frames, and make two or three photos and show us your status ...... after that you can go back to the frames ..... ;)
alles hat ein Ende, auch die Arbeit an den Spanten :cool:

I have a problem:
worked on the stern frames today (Thanks pain relievers!) and there is a large gap between the CNC parts of the counter timbers.
Did I cut the parts too small (can`t remember) do I simply have to fill the gap or shorten the left frames (happens on both sides)IMGP0037.JPG

I have a problem:
worked on the stern frames today (Thanks pain relievers!) and there is a large gap between the CNC parts of the counter timbers.
Did I cut the parts too small (can`t remember) do I simply have to fill the gap or shorten the left frames (happens on both sides)View attachment 214073
Take a look at my building log where you can see the two pieces relatively good

I have the feeling, that the left part is too short
IMG-4664.jpg IMG-4663.jpg

Yes, clearly you have made the middle part to short. It will in any case be hidden so I think it is not a so big issue.
I can't see any reasons why these "bat wings" has to erect so high up in the air however the width of the top will be most accurate if you dont cut of the lenght and instead fill the gap. I think it would be okay both ways though. In any case you'll have to do some fine tuning other than the lenght (it is not only the lenght - they have to fit together in the width / dept)
It may be the photo that cheats my eyes but it kinda looks as if maybe you have made the whole middle piece a bit thin:
1613576950337.png

and something else !!!

Due to the fact, that in the meantime during my planking excercises I broke already both long parts (on your photo on the right side)
You can see and imagine, that for a long time period it will be not necessary to install the parts

IMG-5343.jpg IMG-5344.jpg

So earliest when you install the wales you have to install them

Thanks for help PoulD and Uwe! I will fill the gap, saved the sanding dust and will mix it with glue.
I imagine, that i cut off the parts properly.......
Fit to the base frame is perfect.

Back