Le Coureur 1776, CAF model by Sisco

Hello to you all.
Here I am
Last night my gift came from Shanghai ( let’s say self - gift ) for my sixty years : my CAF model kit
The Italian customs have thought well to join my festivities and have not demanded any customs duties .
Last night I have completed the two boxes contents checking and everything is in order

Material of excellent quality, perfectly cut, clean and well packed.
Well done Caf Model
As soon as I’ ll have completed something relevant, I will post some pictures of my “shipyard” .

Happy to hear, that you received you birthday present - and I am also happy to hear, that we can expect also from your side a building log.
Please do not hesitate to show us your complete work, and not limited to what is not shown already by others.
Great news.....

The system I found most practical for gluing ribs
I photocopied the drawing, divided it into groups, glued to a flat board with common double-sided tape.
I then used the "repositionable" double-sided tape, usually used for photographs and posters, to hold in place the rib's partsle coureur.jpg.
The glue of this tape is sufficient to hold the pieces in place but allows to correct any errors without problems.

Work in the shipyard continues
I have started the realization of the jig and for the moment I have chosen the option of keeping everything as free and open as possible.
Of course I have checked that everything was very flat, squared and aligned .. but for the moment I won't add anything else.
I am trying to try each rib "dry" because I want to be sure of what you are doing before I put my hand on the gluele coureur_3-6.jpg

in the meantime , while I let the files "cool" , I have in parallel built the boat.
I must say that at the moment I am looking for every excuse not to address the issue of the stern structure ..
The first time I faced the problem .. I got a big headache

le coureur_3-2.jpgle coureur_3-3.jpgle coureur_3-4.jpgle coureur_3-5.jpg

At the end I too reached this first milestone thanks to the instructions ... of this forum
Far (very far) from perfection and also from the intimidating examples of other master modelers of this forum.
Nevertheless , eI have nothing special to add to what has already been explained so well by others
This being the first approach to a pof model .. I am however moderately satisfied
I have nothing special to add to what has already been explained so well by others.
The only difference is that I, in order to be able to remove and put the keel on the building jig as desired (I don't even know how many times I tried and tried again), I removed the teeth from the elements A9 and A10 of the jig (after having obviously marked the reference with a pencil) and also I have not mounted the sides D1 and D2 of the jig to have the clearest possible view and to be able to better control the gluing when the frames will be fixed on the keel.
I will then complete the jig after gluing the frames to keel in order to correctly use the references placed on the sides D1 and D2

le coureur_4.jpgle coureur_4-2.jpgle coureur_4-3.jpgle coureur_4-4.jpg

Completed structure.
I too thought it would be more appropriate to shape the rib 1 out of the jig. With the keel closed in the ladder there is not enough space to do a good job. Better to do it later.
I agree with Uwe that a certain interpretation is needed for ordinate 38.
The keelson fits perfectly into place (miracle!).
I have completed teh jig with the sides
Thanks for the compliments and encouragement

le coureur_4-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back