Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by muchi

There is a problem with the balance because the position of the Trunnion (gun ear) of the barrel is about 2 mm too far forward.
I think I should change the position of the Trunnion, but I don't have the tools and skills, so I changed the position of the Gun carriages receiver.
When I meassured the gun barrel, I found out, comparing with the Boudriot drawing, that the position of the trunnion is correct.

IMG-7388.jpg

The problem is, that the barrel is not drilled, only the first mm, so that the weight in front is too big - with this they are prone

IMG-7383.jpg

I drill the barrel for appr. 1cm, but only to have the imagination of a "hole" - the unbalance of the barrel I solved with a drop of glue

This is looking amazing, and the attention to detail is breath-taking. Jolly well done Sir!

When I meassured the gun barrel, I found out, comparing with the Boudriot drawing, that the position of the trunnion is correct.
Hello Uwek, the barrel is as shown in the drawing.
In the side view, there is a Base ring around the rear axle of the Gun carriages, so I thought the barrel was too forward.
Is the axle of the turret dolly a little wider?
DSC02929.JPG

Uwe and Adi Thank you for your excessive comments.

Finishing outfitting and adhesive fixing.
View attachment 309146

The door has been remade.
View attachment 309147

You can open and close the door, but the hinges aren't accurate enough, so it's a little tricky to close.
View attachment 309148

View attachment 309149

The cannon in my kit was a bit problematic.
View attachment 309151

The barrel is slightly bent upwards, I tried to fix it by applying heat, but I gave up immediately.

There is a problem with the balance because the position of the Trunnion (gun ear) of the barrel is about 2 mm too far forward.
I think I should change the position of the Trunnion, but I don't have the tools and skills, so I changed the position of the Gun carriages receiver.
View attachment 309150

The train tackle block is small, isn't it?
It seems that it will disappear if the soot is scraped.
It is likely to go missing as it is.
View attachment 309153

View attachment 309152
I am having the same issues with a few of my 1/30 Royal Caroline cannons. Frustrating to say the least!!!!!!!!!!! One could at least expect straight cannon barrels on such expensive model ship kits?????????

We exhibited at an exhibition in Osaka.

DSC02950a.jpg

It was my first exhibition in 3 years because of Corona, and all 3 of them are my works.
RopeOOSAKA-2022-31.jpg

It was decided to hold it a month ago, so I made it in time so that I could exhibit it in a hurry.
RopeOOSAKA-2022-32.jpg

DSC02963.JPG

The exhibition is over and all the CAF model Granado has been sent, so Le Coureur will take a break for a while to make it.
DSC02958.JPG

Great looking model of the Coureur - Bravo!

And I am very happy to see, that you also got the Granado kit from CAF, which I have also in moment under construction.
So please show us your work on the bomb vessel in a building log - it would be highly interesting :cool:

BTW: Did you made also photos of the other models on this exhibition? Maybe you can show us some more - would be interesting to get an insight in the japanese modeling szene

WOW - wonderful models - amazing Victory and also the Aurore -> many thanks for sharing with us !!!

Back