Le Coureur

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Here are two samples that I made in advance Jim. There is cherry stain and beeswax and the slightly darker walnut stain with beeswax.
Great! I love the right example in the second image. It would be ideal for my taste! The bolts are not too prominent... Thumbsup But again, this is only for my taste, it is very subjective.

Good evening friends, today I started with the second side of the ship's hull, it is seen a little differently than the previous one. I hope that it will be as I imagined.

C61B3738-C1A9-4DE8-BB1E-3F61A0316CD8.jpeg

D18ECA76-11FC-48B4-8743-CA5C3AF9ACF4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Very good progress my friend - you are working really fast.
Two friendly hints:
Maybe you remove the surplus glue on your planking fasterr, when it is still wet - according my experience removing dried glue is a much harder work
and
you should make at a joint two nails in the upper plank. with red arrow is only one nail - the other butt joint you made correct
The blue arrows are pointing the endings of the planking - in my personla opinion is only one nail at the lower edge of the plank and no second one over it, because you make a cut of planking (imaginary window) and no butt joint of two planks -> but this is a personal taste and personal decision.
D18ECA76-11FC-48B4-8743-CA5C3AF9ACF4.jpeg

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

You're doing really well and it looks quite nice. In this context, I find it exciting that we Coureur friends design our open planking sides so differently.
You are right - I remember, that I needed a longer time for the final decision, how I make my open hull.
And looking at the available hulld in our group - all "versions" are interesting to look at - so there are a lot of possibilities to solve or to arrange. Every model will be somehow different ...... Great work
BTW: Tobias, you are doing a very good job - Wish you a happy nailing

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Oh - a new family member
Now she / he is sweet - later she / he will be big
A realy good looking one - I like the ridgies very much - so the next weeks will be more time with the doig and less with the Coureur, I guess

Yes Uwe there won't be that much time for Le Coureur but ER (Cooper) still sleeps a lot and my wife and I are on vacation.