Le Redoutable 1/48

In addition to what Maarten suggested, not sure how this might work with ANCRE, you might sell the supplemental package on your WEB site. I am sure there will be people willing to buy.
Yes, Jimy, I think there would definitely be opportunities. Together with Johann, who in my opinion is a virtuoso in model building and rigging, as well as Oliver who creates the plans, that would be a great team. ;)

Ufff. Thanks for all the good vibes in my project. To start a comercial product will bring a lot of stress. First responsibility to the client. To sell plans or drawings, it needs first to a finished product. Its a long way. The second point is the stealing of the plans. Its impossible to avoid that anyone puts the plans for free to download. Im not interested in such kind of problems, it will slow me down in my activitys.
There is longer time a idea to create a own project for free for download because the reactions of my drawings are very good. A smaller ship like a 18-pounder or 12-pounder Fregatte is not so much work like a 74-Guns ship and could be an interesting project. But there are a lot of Fregattes on the market and i don´t know if the potential modelers are interested in this type of ship. It could be boring. The idea is to publish a step-by-step drawing-set. Who needs can build or collect the drawings step-by step. As well the modeller can decide when he want to start or if he want to start. As well if he like to start in POB or in POF. The planset could be available for both. But its maybe only fantasy in my head. A project like this will slow down my own projects.

...... A project like this will slow down my own projects.
But would help a lot of others, which are not able to make such a design by themself.
Definitely it is a great idea......
We here in SOS would be happy to help and assists where and whenever necessary and helpful

@Uwek

We will see. At the moment i have my eyes on two sexy Ladys. The fregates Topaze and Themis. The Themis is a Trafalgarveteran. She towed the Santa Ana to the port of Cadiz. She is my favorite at the moment. The Topaze is with her plan documented. The Themis is like my Redoutable, a lot of space for own interpretations.
There are plans available from her sisterships. We will see in the future....

j5460.jpg

Antoine_Roux_FREGATE_LA_THEMIS.jpg

And for my Redoutable a quick update for the 36-pounder Obusier

CAD30.jpgCAD32jpg.jpgCAD33.jpgCAD35.jpgCAD37.jpgCAD39.jpgCAD31.jpg

@Uwek

We will see. At the moment i have my eyes on two sexy Ladys. The fregates Topaze and Themis. The Themis is a Trafalgarveteran. She towed the Santa Ana to the port of Cadiz. She is my favorite at the moment. The Topaze is with her plan documented. The Themis is like my Redoutable, a lot of space for own interpretations.
There are plans available from her sisterships. We will see in the future....

View attachment 331159
WOW
Really two sexy french frigates
The Topaz is surveyed and documented in a drawing, but also from the Themis we have some interesting sources at the NMM.
Once we have the model, but this will not be very helpful and questionable
But we have two sisterships of the Patriote class, which were also captured and shown in contemporary drawings

Dedaigneuse

j5640.jpg

and Francise

j5679.jpg

Very similar vessels, so I guess, the Themis was also very close to this appearance

Did you check already the archives in France?

Did you check already the archives in France?

only quick and dirty. But its not looking good. Interesting is the picture from Antoine Roux. He has a very good eye for the details. The question is if it makes sense to reconstruct a fregate. One fregate more. Who need one more ? But it is a fregate from Trafalgar with her contemporary equipment which makes her interesting. My heart beats for her because my first real girlfriend was the Santa Ana. Two years ago was the plan to reconstruct the Santa Ana. But the details in spanish shipbuilding are difficult to find and finally i used my skill to reconstruct the Le Redoutable. The Santa Ana is buildt in french style but its complicated to enter deeper in the details if you don´t have access to the documentation.

only quick and dirty. But its not looking good. Interesting is the picture from Antoine Roux. He has a very good eye for the details. The question is if it makes sense to reconstruct a fregate. One fregate more. Who need one more ? But it is a fregate from Trafalgar with her contemporary equipment which makes her interesting. My heart beats for her because my first real girlfriend was the Santa Ana. Two years ago was the plan to reconstruct the Santa Ana. But the details in spanish shipbuilding are difficult to find and finally i used my skill to reconstruct the Le Redoutable. The Santa Ana is buildt in french style but its complicated to enter deeper in the details if you don´t have access to the documentation.
The only document which I found in my copy of

Screenshot 2022-09-29 114556.png

about the Themis (nothing about the sisterships are in Cherbourg (1567 + 1568) -> not much......

Screenshot 2022-09-29 114412.png

A quick check of the facts.

The drawings from Le Franchise are done 7 years after the capturing. There will be done a lot of changings on the ship.

The drawings from Le Dedaigneuse are done in the same year of the capturering. The ship is build one year before the Themis in the same shipyard.
This would make her plan to the mainsource for a reconstruction of La Themis.

1664607064793.png

Back