LE ROCHEFORT

Hi Don,
Good to see that you are still at it.
You can do the stern at anytime but you have to make sure that the last few frames (well, at least the last one) at the stern are/is firmly in place as the parts you need to make must line up with that last frame.
You need to have tight joints between the sternpost, transom, last frame and fashion-pieces.

Untitled2.jpg

G

THANK YOU ALL FOR KIND COMENTS, HI GILLES HOW ARE THINGS GOING WITH YOU, IRIGHT NOW I KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO NEXT BUT DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ACOMPLISH SOME THINGS, LIKE HOW DO I GET A DRILL INSIDE THE JIG TO DRILL FOR PIN LOCATION THINGS LIKE THAT, I HAVE NOT GLUED THE TOP OF THE JIG SO I CAN TAKE IT OFF, THINGS LIKE THAT. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Hi Don,

I never expected you would give up, you certainly will finish it.

I would first do the stern as you need the space to work on it. After you finished the stern you can add and work from there to fit the frames.

As Gilles said most important is to work as precise as possible to get tight fitting parts.

Also on the other frame you still have a lot of fine tuning to do to get all of them at the same heights on the keel.

OK GUYS LET US LOOK AT SOMETHINGS REALISTICALLY, AT 83 YEARS OLD FEELING MY AGE JUST CAN NOT DO THINGS LIKE I USED TO IE EYE SIGHT NOT GETTING BETTER, BRAIN HAND EYE, COORDINATON NOT THERE ANYMORE, BUT AND I REPEAT BUT I AM NOT GIVING UP ON SHIP MODELING HAVE MANY TO DO JUST HAVE KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CANOT DUE, SO STARTING NEXT WEEK I AM GOING TO ATTEMPT TO DO THE STERN AS A N X SECTION MOST ALL PARTS DONE READY TO INSTALL THEN IF THAT WORKS OUT WILL TRY A BOW X SECTION CUTTING THE REST AWAY HOPEFULLY THAT WILL WORK. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

Good to see you back Don.
You have to do what is right for you. None of us are getting any younger, our bodies start to fail us...the mind is willing but the flesh doesn't want to go. Stay strong...do it your way.
Regards and best wishes.

OK GUYS LET US LOOK AT SOMETHINGS REALISTICALLY, AT 83 YEARS OLD FEELING MY AGE JUST CAN NOT DO THINGS LIKE I USED TO IE EYE SIGHT NOT GETTING BETTER, BRAIN HAND EYE, COORDINATON NOT THERE ANYMORE, BUT AND I REPEAT BUT I AM NOT GIVING UP ON SHIP MODELING HAVE MANY TO DO JUST HAVE KNOW WHAT I CAN AND CANOT DUE, SO STARTING NEXT WEEK I AM GOING TO ATTEMPT TO DO THE STERN AS A N X SECTION MOST ALL PARTS DONE READY TO INSTALL THEN IF THAT WORKS OUT WILL TRY A BOW X SECTION CUTTING THE REST AWAY HOPEFULLY THAT WILL WORK. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Dear Don
It is true that physiological age has an effect, but when the spirit maintains a young attitude, it helps in coping and leads to great success as you present here in this forum. good luck with the Stern

Back