Le Soleil Royal ZHL Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Dear author of the model-you are in a hurry again, as they say in Russia - run ahead of the locomotive.It was necessary to put the first skin first.After that, start gluing the keel,the rods.yes, and knyavdiged himself.Since you will be polishing the first skin anyway.Thereby damaging the pasted part with walnut veneer.

Are you saying to put planks on first? I understand I could damage the walnut with glue and putty. I was planning on using tape to protect the walnut. This is my first time to attempt a ship like this, and there’s not much instruction on how to do it. If you have a better way, I’m interested in finding out how to do it. If you can clarify, that would be helpful. And thank you for all your helpful advice. You have been a good guide. I appreciate you.

It is good if you make a careful connection of the skin to the stem.But in the area of the rear stem, it will be necessary to bring the first skin level with the keel frame.So that the steps do not turn out in the area of the abutment of the skin to the stem.After gluing the second clean skin, it should be flush with the surface of the rear stem.And in general, I will advise you after installing the first skin to walk with a thin nozzle on the engraver,make a groove for the second skin.It's difficult to explain it to you in English, sorry.

Attachments

• обшивка.png
    обшивка.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 20
It is good if you make a careful connection of the skin to the stem.But in the area of the rear stem, it will be necessary to bring the first skin level with the keel frame.So that the steps do not turn out in the area of the abutment of the skin to the stem.After gluing the second clean skin, it should be flush with the surface of the rear stem.And in general, I will advise you after installing the first skin to walk with a thin nozzle on the engraver,make a groove for the second skin.It's difficult to explain it to you in English, sorry.
I think I understand better now. Thanks for the picture. My father often asked, “What do you want me to do? Draw you a picture?” I always replied, “Yes, please!”

Very cool Vic, reminds me of when I was in Sweden and saw the Vasa. The bling was painted like that.

The planking is progressing nicely Vic and that figurehead looks really inviting - the painted scales add another dimension to the overall effect!

Back