Le Soleil Royal ZHL Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

I’m laying the beechwood second planking. Not crazy about it because it tends to curl on the edges with pva. Not a problem with ca gel but I prefer using something a little less noxious. The pins seem to help. Making sure to overlap the red frames of the gun ports a little. View attachment 259642
The "curls on the edges". You will battle that problem all the way through.....I did.

You are doing a great job Vic so just take it one plank at a time. No doubt she is a big lady! :)

I am very curious as to how you are going to do the stern galleries. I am to the point of building the port and starboard upper galleries. Little stumped at the moment. Will be following with great interest.

I am very curious as to how you are going to do the stern galleries. I am to the point of building the port and starboard upper galleries. Little stumped at the moment. Will be following with great interest.
I’m just as curious as you are! I’ve been looking at instructions and 1:1 drawings. I’ll also look at other builds before starting on that. I’ve decided to wait on the wales until I get the back side done because I want to make sure they reach the decorations and aren’t too long either. Frankly I don’t trust my precision ability to measure them out beforehand. I would have a wale of a time fixing them if I installed them first and had to go back and fix them.

I’m just as curious as you are! I’ve been looking at instructions and 1:1 drawings. I’ll also look at other builds before starting on that. I’ve decided to wait on the wales until I get the back side done because I want to make sure they reach the decorations and aren’t too long either. Frankly I don’t trust my precision ability to measure them out beforehand. I would have a wale of a time fixing them if I installed them first and had to go back and fix them.
From what I've seen, there's not a whole lot of info on the other "build logs" about putting the stern gallery together. It's a pain in the posterior. You're gonna love it. (sarcasm)

Fortunately, being wood, it can be re done.

Back