Le Soleil Royal ZHL Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

I keep telling myself that same exact thing.... then I see things I've missed.
That's perfectly fine, actually, it is great. A person who can criticize themselves can see their own mistakes better than others. I am sure in your next model you will miss less and less, because of your gained experience.

Grant/Vic, have you guys seen this tutorial from our own DaveS on making great scarf joints with a scalpel (or #11 xacto) and a small machinist vise? https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/cutting-a-scarf-joint.1561/
I like to use some really nice Swiss files as well, but it’s not necessary….
Maybe next one. At least I know what a hook scarf is now. He also has some tools I don’t have or intend to buy in the near future. I do admire what he did, though.

That's perfectly fine, actually, it is great. A person who can criticize themselves can see their own mistakes better than others. I am sure in your next model you will miss less and less, because of your gained experience.
I don’t know, Jim. You know what they say about old dogs.

I guess we look at old folks differently in the States. We say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks and you say old horses are dependable in making good plow furrows. That’s the way I took it. At first I thought it meant they wouldn’t go potty on the furrow.

I guess we look at old folks differently in the States. We say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks and you say old horses are dependable in making good plow furrows. That’s the way I took it. At first I thought it meant they wouldn’t go potty on the furrow.
The Russian language is very difficult to...no, not to learn, to understand! There are some expressions that do make sense only to Russians, hence very difficult to translate so they don't lose the meaning. :cool: But I am trying...

In the past, we use a horse-drawn plow to dig the land, Generally, a yang horse goes straight and makes even furrows...

The Russian language is very difficult to...no, not to learn, to understand! There are some expressions that do make sense only to Russians, hence very difficult to translate so they don't lose the meaning. :cool: But I am trying...

In the past, we use a horse-drawn plow to dig the land, Generally, a yang horse goes straight and makes even furrows...
An old horse? If so, that’s what I thought. I love learning about idiomatic expressions from different lands. It’s like discovering a horse of a different color. More ornaments glued and epoxied. The base at the top isn’t level, but that’s the way it’s made. Fortunately, the item that sits on top of it has an uneven bottom so it will fit. BC690BF8-1CE9-45A0-A9EA-F8E99B2704F3.jpeg

An old horse? If so, that’s what I thought. I love learning about idiomatic expressions from different lands. It’s like discovering a horse of a different color. More ornaments glued and epoxied. The base at the top isn’t level, but that’s the way it’s made. Fortunately, the item that sits on top of it has an uneven bottom so it will fit. View attachment 283564
Man Vic there are plenty of decorations to paint and place- this is a complex ship. Looking great Thumbsup

Back