Le Soleil Royal ZHL Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Yea what Paul said. I think you misunderstood what I was talking about. In post 1282 above you mentioned the lanyards seemed too long. I definitely agree with you. I was talking about the length of the lanyards not the spacing along the channels. The lanyard length should be 3 times the diameter of the deadeye. like these below.
3x.... I will not be checking my lanyards;). That is some great info to know tho.Thanks. Cheers Grant

Yes. And the epoxy didn’t hold. On to plan B! Don’t ask me what it is yet.
Good morning Vic- Pity. They looked good. If you drill small holes and tiny nails Combined with epoxy? I don’t know if you will be able to cover the holes tho- exposed nails would spoil it. Otherwise more heating and bending I guess. Cheers Grant

Great work on the bow Vic! :)Can you tell us which epoxy worked and which one did not?
The first epoxy was JB Weld Minute Weld instant setting epoxy. It’s supposed to be clear, but it seems a bit cloudy. It contains mercaptin and polyamine for hardening and curing agents. It also contains epoxy resins. The one that works was JB Weld KwikWeld. It sets in 6 minutes and cures in 4-6 hours. It cures dark grey. I guess you have to experiment a bit to find what works best. Those swoops are quite heavy, so you need something stout. The KwikWeld advertises a strength that’ll withstand 3127 psi, whatever that means.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Cool. Did you find a great deal of difference between them? I wonder if one is a better product for one usage and the other is better for another.

Vic it's difficult to say. In both cases I used them to bond wooden servo trays to the ABS radio box. They both did the job fine and in both instances I also roughened up the ABS sections that would receive the servo trays - so no worries with either of them!

Back