Lions figure head

Hi all
We are antiques dealers working in Uk and Europe, we recently acquired a figure head from a boat in the shape of a lions head and paws we were hoping someone one on this forum could help date and give any information on the item we this it’s from the 17th century but are not so well informed on these sort of items (we generally deal in 18th/19th and 20th century furniture, mirrors and lighting, any help would be very much appreciated

Hallo Robert,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our firendly forum.

Interesting subject and relict you are describing.

As I know, the lions changed the form and style during the different periods, so it is necessary to know about some details, like the existance and if the form of the tail - with knowing some more details it will be easier to help you.
Especially my friend Willi alias @schifferlbauer is a real specilist in the Lions - he studied their forms over years

Also very good would be to see several photos of the figure head from different persepctives made, with visible hait, face, paws, tail etc.

Just reminded, that Willi @schifferlbauer made once a very informative topic about the Lion figure heads and their changes over the years

Check this out:

BTW: by accident I will meat him (Willi) this evening personally......

Hallo Robert,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our firendly forum.

Interesting subject and relict you are describing.

As I know, the lions changed the form and style during the different periods, so it is necessary to know about some details, like the existance and if the form of the tail - with knowing some more details it will be easier to help you.
Especially my friend Willi alias @schifferlbauer is a real specilist in the Lions - he studied their forms over years

Also very good would be to see several photos of the figure head from different persepctives made, with visible hait, face, paws, tail etc.
Hello Uwek
Thank you so much for your reply and warm welcome,
I have photos it is just the head and paws from the bow of a ship possible year 1600+ But nit quite sure. Could I possible send the photos to a private email? Or do you have contact details for Willi?
many thanks for your assistance
Regards
Rob

Hello Uwek
Thank you so much for your reply and warm welcome,
I have photos it is just the head and paws from the bow of a ship possible year 1600+ But nit quite sure. Could I possible send the photos to a private email? Or do you have contact details for Willi?
many thanks for your assistance
Regards
Rob
Hallo Rob,

I have send you a PM - check your PMs on the right top of your screen next to your nickname is a small envelope

Hi all
We are antiques dealers working in Uk and Europe, we recently acquired a figure head from a boat in the shape of a lions head and paws we were hoping someone one on this forum could help date and give any information on the item we this it’s from the 17th century but are not so well informed on these sort of items (we generally deal in 18th/19th and 20th century furniture, mirrors and lighting, any help would be very much appreciated
Hallo @Robert perry
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
What is the status of the figurehead subject?

Back