Loctite 403

I hate that. Here in the US we can get this on Amazon. I saw the eBay version was 1/4th the price but I have been burned by eBay before. If you can't get the real deal and want to try it PM me with your address and I mail some to you.

I hate that. Here in the US we can get this on Amazon. I saw the eBay version was 1/4th the price but I have been burned by eBay before. If you can't get the real deal and want to try it PM me with your address and I mail some to you.
Thanks Paul, I greatly appreciate your offer.
I have placed a claim on ebay; let' see the outcome
I'll be in the US in a couple of months visiting my kids for Xmas; so I'm sure Santa will bring me Loctite 403 under the tree.
I can definitely wait till that.

Is it possible that this is actually Locktite 403, just packaged for a different country? The container looks identical to 403, just changed the label. Just asking:)

Hello all
Further to multiple positive comments from multiple members of SOS, I purchased a bottle of Loctite 403 on ebay
Picture below
View attachment 263712
and below what I have received:
View attachment 263713

So be careful !!!
Maybe somebody, who has an "original" Loctite 403 bottle should take a look at the backside of the bottle -> I guess that there is written "produced in China" so it can easily been, that your "fake-glue" is the same content like the orginal - only produced for the chinese or asian market

Here is what I have. It is a medium viscosity. It is odorless. It does not bloom (create a white haze) unless it is overapplied. And it does not cause me to have an allergic reaction. It is more expensive than normal CA but compared to everything else I have spent on this new hobby it was a bargain!

The manufacturer is a company called Henkel: https://www.henkel-adhesives.com/us/en/about/our-brands/loctite.html

Attachments

• IMG_7225.JPG
    IMG_7225.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7226.JPG
    IMG_7226.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_7227.JPG
    IMG_7227.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 22
Ok thanks. So my idea was to use the loctite 403 instead of PVA and nails on the planks for the hull, but in light of this new information, I think I will stick with the PVA and nails solution.
Thanks for your help.

Ok thanks. So my idea was to use the loctite 403 instead of PVA and nails on the planks for the hull, but in light of this new information, I think I will stick with the PVA and nails solution.
Thanks for your help.
Here's what I do: use tiny spots of CA to tack/hold the plank in place (instead of nails at the bulkheads) and PVA along the rest of the strip for the actual adhesion.

I use Rocket odourless cyanoacrylate. Standard superglues started to cause rhinitis. Rocket is a great glue and I use the elongated tips on the bottle for accuracy. Another tip is to get a spray can of activator which the kitchen fitters use for mitre joints. This gives almost instant setting and is great for fixing standing rigging and maintaining tension in the thread which is often lost when tying a knot.

A reminder that CA activates with moisture…one can use water dampened parts for a quick set. For example, I use CA gel for planking…I dampen the planks wiping them to almost dry and the CA gel sets in half the time. Of course accelerator makes an instant set…

I use Rocket odourless cyanoacrylate. Standard superglues started to cause rhinitis. Rocket is a great glue and I use the elongated tips on the bottle for accuracy. Another tip is to get a spray can of activator which the kitchen fitters use for mitre joints. This gives almost instant setting and is great for fixing standing rigging and maintaining tension in the thread which is often lost when tying a knot.
Hi John
Are you using Rocket Card Glue (see link) or another model?

A reminder that CA activates with moisture…one can use water dampened parts for a quick set. For example, I use CA gel for planking…I dampen the planks wiping them to almost dry and the CA gel sets in half the time. Of course accelerator makes an instant set…
Urethane glue, i.e. Gorilla glue, is also water activated. The adhesive reacts with the moisture content in the wood. Misting helps too. But it really foams as it cures.

Back