Looking for figures for African Queen

Hi, just finished building the African Queen from Billings Boats. I need the figures of Rose and Charlie to finish it off. I can’t seem to find any at 1/12 size. Can anyone help me please?

I‘ve attached some photos of the completed boat.

Many thanks.

Herby

D8DC62AE-FEEB-48B5-8B3C-B00EDF194F2E.jpeg
3AA580AD-EBE3-4F59-8C14-06395C3E42CF.jpeg
8FDB913A-BE2D-4359-83C3-73048B2A818D.jpeg

Last edited:
G'day Herby, beautifully build of The African Queen, try these links for 1/12 scale resin figures, I used them on my 1/12th scale Borkum launch, they come ready painted,

https://minimumworld.com/aud/shop-by-product/dolls-and-resin-figures/resin-figures.html?p=2

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/373053300141

both of the above links have plenty of figures,

and these figures below are what I used on my launch, hope this info helps you,
View attachment 334223

View attachment 334224

View attachment 334225

View attachment 334226

Best regards john,
Hi John
Thanks for the help and advice, minimiumworld.com looks promising.
your launch looks excellent! The figures finish it off really well hopefully mine will look just as good!
Best regards Pete

Hi, just finished building the African Queen from Billings Boats. I need the figures of Rose and Charlie to finish it off. I can’t seem to find any at 1/12 size. Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks.

Herby

View attachment 334181
View attachment 334180
View attachment 334182
Hi Herby. I am also towards the end of my build of the African Queen and would also like to add Bogart and Hepburn look-alike figures (maybe not so look-alike, but at least evocative of the era). What luck have you had in finding figures for your boat? By the way, a great job on your build!!

Hi Carleroo
l found that hobbies.co.uk sell some suitable figures @ 1/12 scale however the shop is only 20 miles away from me in the UK. Er I think that’s its a bit further from Toronto!!!
sorry I can’t help with anything nearby
Happy building
Herby

Thanks Herby. There is a local dollhouse supply company near me that have various figures, but none that would really work. I'll check out the store near you. Most places offer international shipping. The trick is to find a place where the shipping charges are not 300% of the actual value of the merchandise!!

Hi I though that the governess and workman might do, when their back in-stock
however I think the Father Christmas wouldn’t be good!
all the best Herby

Just found:
Bogart
It's a 3d model which would have to be exported to stl file format in order to have it printed.

Last edited:

Many thanks.

Herby
Hallo @Herby
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hi,
I am a new member and still learning how this site works. I am a model builder and artist 3D designer. If you are still looking for figures for Billings African Queen I have created some. They are 3D printed scaled to fit the Billings boat. https://i.materialise.com/en/shop/designer/carl-whitten
I have other items like the winch and Anchor too. They come white ready to paint. There are videos on how to paint too. I will be post my models soon.
AfricanQueenCollection2.7.24.jpg

Back