Looking for plans of the US Navy ship of the line USS Pennsylvania

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

i want to start creating a 3D model of the ship of the line USS Pennsylvania. While i was looking for plans of the ship online, i came across two very specific plans but they're of low resolution and contrast. So i want to ask here if anyone has access to said two plans in bigger resolution.

These are the two said plans:

01.jpg02.jpg
I really hope that these plans are available and I'm looking forward to your answers.

Cheers
Franz

Last edited:

i want to start creating a 3D model of the ship of the line USS Pennsylvania. While i was looking for plans of the ship online, i came across two very specific plans but they're of low resolution and contrast. So i want to ask here if anyone has access to said two plans in bigger resolution.

These are said two plans:

I really hope that these plans are available and I'm looking forward to your answers.

Cheers
Franz
Hallo Franz,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
Unfortunately the photos are for me not visible (for my server it is not a secure connection, so it is blocked).
A principle of our forum is to upload all photos on our forum, so please use the button "Attach files" - easy to do, fast and safe.

Thanks for the heads up! It is a habit of mine to use image-hosting websites in forums to reduce strains on said forum servers.
I'll keep it in mind to attach the files here directly.

And yes, I'm talking about the 1837 four-deck ship of the line.

check this topic made by our staff member @Mike41 who built a section model some years ago

IMG_3818.jpg

In this topic you can find also information about several plans he used (and made by himself)

Thank you Uwe for your valuable information. You always have the knowledge to help.

Cheers
Franz
Hallo Franz alias @Malevolant
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your research for the Pennsylvania going? Maybe you can post an update of your work....

i had the hull lines and profile set of plans at 1/4 scale which i sent to another member of the forum. He said he was going to scan the plans. Maybe he will get intouch with you.

View attachment 239516View attachment 239517

Cheers
Franz
Hallo Franz alias @Malevolant
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back