Looking for plans to Moudaunt.

Bryian

Staff member
Forum Moderator

Hi friends,
I came across this beautiful plank on frame model of the ship Mordaunt, but the web page is in German.
Does anyone here know this gentleman ? I would love to get a full set of his plans showing the frames. I am aware of the Euromodel plans, but its plank on bulkhead and they don't show the frames.

thank you Brian.

...wp10_wpeac928a5_0f.jpgwp10_wpaa04b62d_0f.jpg

Happy to help. Richard is a nice person. Just make sure you have the complete plan set.
I know his Lenox plans are quite detailed and his accompanying book The Restoration Warship is also a good read.
Seems that the 17th century ships are a bit of the flavour of the month right now because of their slender lines with ornate decorations (hint, hint: Trident Model / Cafmodel;))

Edit: I just noticed on his website that he's sold out of the Lenox plans.

Hi friends,
I came across this beautiful plank on frame model of the ship Mordaunt, but the web page is in German.
Does anyone here know this gentleman ? I would love to get a full set of his plans showing the frames. I am aware of the Euromodel plans, but its plank on bulkhead and they don't show the frames.

thank you Brian.

...View attachment 180624View attachment 180625
Hallo Brian,
we can help you much more in detail.
The gentleman shown on this photo is Hans Hawlan, who built this amazing model.
and the model is shown on the web-page organized by our SOS member Willi Meischl alias @schifferlbauer
I am pretty sure Willi knows much more about the sources Hans used for his project of the Mordaunt......
And btw tomorrow I will see Willi on our monthly Vienna meeting .....

HAVING A PROBLEM IT SEEMS LIKE I CAN NOT ORDER THE BOOKS, EITHER BLOOMSBURY OR AMOZON, AMOZON SAYS THEY CAN NOT DELIVER TO MY ADDRESS NEVER HAD THIS BEFORE, CAN ANYONE HELP. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Richard Endsor has a book from that era, plans can be bought separately
Due to the fact, that Endsor wrote and published already several books describing ships and ship construction of this time period, I want to make some hints towards our book reviews we have in SOS:
To Don and Brian:
Which of these books did you order now?

Sorry Uwe, you're right.
The Restoration Warship is based around the ship Lenox. 1:48 Plans are available separately. The Warship Anne doesn't have any plans.

I'm not sure about WARSHIPS FOR THE KING as I don't have that book and I don't know how detailed or what scale the plans are.

Hi @Brian077

The model of the Mordaunt was built after a Plan reconstructed by Hans Hawlan and me after the dimensions of the ship and the photographs
of the model from the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich. I have made all the photographs of the building stations and carved the figure head of this
model. The plan of this model is not available. I know that the plan, like that of my model York was take away, because in the Years 1980- 85 no one of us
thought at this time that it could be important to secure the plan. If you want to see such a Plan reconstruction take a look of my website under Hampton Court
70 Gun ship 1678.

Best regards
Willi (schifferlbauer)

Just updating this thread. Richard Endsor sells plans for Mordaunt in 1/48 scale through his web page, but you need to buy the books from Amazon.

Unfortunately Amazon are not shipping to Australia at the moment, due to a backlog of parcels caused by the coronavirus.

Back