Looking for thread clamps / grippers to hold the ropes in serving machine

Hi, I am looking for some thread clamps / grippers of a kind as on attached pictures. I am so far not able to find anything even close on Amazon or elsewhere. This is to hold the ropes in serving machine. The crocodile clamps provided with the machine do not hold the thread properly. Please help!

1.png2.png

Thanks, Thanasis. Serving machine helps to wind a thin thread around a rope. See pictures below. Fortunately and accidentally an idea came to me that I can use electrical wire connectors for my purpose. These can clamp a rope or hooks. The shafts are a steel wire salvaged from a coat hanger, the type they give at dry cleaning shops.

IMG_0372.jpegIMG_0371.jpegIMG_0373.jpeg

Ah, I thought the coat hanger wire was the shaft. My mistake. I noticed that you have little hooks in your wire connecters. Have you tried clamping the rope directly in the wire connecters?

Wow a neat fix to your problem. I'm going to try your method, I also found that the alligator clips didn't work for what I wanted to do.

Jan

Hi, I am looking for some thread clamps / grippers of a kind as on attached pictures. I am so far not able to find anything even close on Amazon or elsewhere. This is to hold the ropes in serving machine. The crocodile clamps provided with the machine do not hold the thread properly. Please help!

View attachment 427512View attachment 427513
1. Get some SMALL alligator clamps
2. Grind off the teeth.
3. Solder on 2 small flat plates where you ground off the teeth.
4. All the lines are held between the 2 plated.
5. Simple, cheap, infinitely flexible, etc.

1. Get some SMALL alligator clamps

This design will not hold the rope tight. Even the new alligator clamp with the sharp tooth is not able to hold the rope or a wire hook . My machine came with alligator clamps which I cannot use.

Thanks, Thanasis. Serving machine helps to wind a thin thread around a rope. See pictures below. Fortunately and accidentally an idea came to me that I can use electrical wire connectors for my purpose. These can clamp a rope or hooks. The shafts are a steel wire salvaged from a coat hanger, the type they give at dry cleaning shops.

View attachment 428287View attachment 428288View attachment 428289
Great use of non-shipbuilding materials. I love the idea of using these electrical fittings. I have a lot of them in a box somewhere!

Back