lumberyard site

Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

Sponsor: dlumberyard
Staff member
Sponsor

The lumberyard site may in the near future be taken down, At this time we are looking at moving it to a new format and shopping cart system.

many model ship builders do not know exactly what the Lumberyard is or does.
We started out as a tree service then expanded to land clearing for developers which in turn evolved into standing timber to saw mills and lumber sales of large wholesale loads of lumber. From there we also sold to woodworkers of all kinds, wood turners, wood carvers and chain saw carvers and model builders. Because we still deal with standing timber we supply slabs to another art forms

Cost of lumber is going higher and higher and it is not possible buying lumber retail and try to resell it there is very little profit in doing that and extremeny difficult to stay in business. We do not purchase retail lumber we deal direct with saw mills from coast to coast and importers/exporters.

in order for us to keep a lid on the rising cost of lumber we are re-inventing ourselves to serve all kinds of woodworkers. So if you notice the site is gone it will be back. The plan is to change without any disruption but you know the best plans ofter go sideways.

i am going nowhere just expanding into different art forms
i use to do chain saw carving and my son in law just asked the other day about doing a carving.

Last edited:
The lumberyard site may in the near future be taken down, At this time we are looking at moving it to a new format and shopping cart system.

Really beautiful stuff, but don't desert us modelers

this is stage one at the Lumberyard what i call "Woods Gym" i see folks actually paying to exercise at these fitness gyms, heck come on down to Woods Gym the exercise is free. Requires a 25 pound chain saw, 6 foot pry bar, 8 pound sledge hammer, wedges knowledge on how to move and handle a 1,500 pound log without hurting yourself.

DSCN0718.JPGDSCN0719.JPGDSCN0720.JPG

all this has to be moved this years logging season has begun.

what we do have is a pile of Cherry and Red Maple that was seasoning for the last 2 1/2 years ready to go in the shop and cut down. The average size is 5 x 7 x 32 inches and weigh around 70 pounds

DSCN0721.JPGDSCN0722.JPG

if you were to walk in my yard and toss one of these in your trunk it quite inexpensive. But the big cost come in when i gets shipped out. Shipping rates alone i

i cut myself off to check the shipping rates ok one of those hunks of wood start at $125.00 to $170.00 for just the shipping.

a way to beat the system is to buy only what you will use. A rough piece you will loose 1/3 in saw dust so why pay to have that shipped to you. what you save in shipping buy yourself a hobby size thickness sander and buy resaw rough timbering.

The pile of logs looks like our neck of woods, when utility contractor came in to clear right of way for power lines of tree growth.

They just cut most anything down near the lines and left it on the ground for owners to clear off.

The pile of logs looks like our neck of woods, when utility contractor came in to clear right of way for power lines of tree growth.

They just cut most anything down near the lines and left it on the ground for owners to clear off.
LUCKY YOU

Back