Lynx by Panart [Completed Build]

Very nice, Gibby! You are a very fast model builder (and bodybuilder ;)). Congratulations, clean and accurate!
Lol I try to take my time I swear. Just when I get in the groove it starts to click.
And no lol not a bodybuilder but I do powerlifting when I'm not at work or working on ships.
Getting ready for a meet on Oct 8th.

Last edited:
dear Derek
the lynx model looks wonderful, you have done great work OkayBeerOkay:)
The photos you took compliment your beautiful work and the result, especially the photos you took together:D
Thank you sir. I try to take pictures outside to get that natural light and the tweak them a little bit

Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place on which one to do next. Do I continue work on the independence by AL or do I break out the gorch fock by mantua.

Your finished ship is out standing in my book. I have the same ship and it is still waiting on the shelf. I have a idea, You can build it and send it back to me lol.... I have decided to start of with a beginners ship instead of diving into the ones I have bought. I am waiting on it to come in from Europe. How hard was the planking on the Lynx? That is what I screw up on.

Your finished ship is out standing in my book. I have the same ship and it is still waiting on the shelf. I have a idea, You can build it and send it back to me lol.... I have decided to start of with a beginners ship instead of diving into the ones I have bought. I am waiting on it to come in from Europe. How hard was the planking on the Lynx? That is what I screw up on.
Lol I have had a couple people that are locally around me ask if I sell my ships and I'm almost to the point of selling since I need to make room for the one I'm working on now.
The gorch fock by mantua is a big ole girl.

Planking on this on wasnt too bad. But I swapped it out from the orginal planking that came with the kit it was nice but it wasnt cut right because no matter how much soaking and bending it always splintered. So I had some extra thin .5mm x 5mm sapelli and with painting it you couldnt tell the difference. The thinner material was so much easier to bend and shape.

Biggest thing with the planking just go slow and take your time.

Lol I have had a couple people that are locally around me ask if I sell my ships and I'm almost to the point of selling since I need to make room for the one I'm working on now.
The gorch fock by mantua is a big ole girl.

Planking on this on wasnt too bad. But I swapped it out from the orginal planking that came with the kit it was nice but it wasnt cut right because no matter how much soaking and bending it always splintered. So I had some extra thin .5mm x 5mm sapelli and with painting it you couldnt tell the difference. The thinner material was so much easier to bend and shape.

Biggest thing with the planking just go slow and take your time.
Thank you. She really looks good. She needs a glass box over her. I still say the yellow paint set her off. It is different and it jumps out at you.

Sweet. I know she looks good in there. I need to find some one close to me to teach me about building these wooden ships. I do have a bunch.
I'm telling ya right now YouTube is your friend. Everyone has their own different techniques on how to say do planking.
Take for instance planking on this one I wasnt worried if it was perfect, because I was painting it.

But definitely do some research and watch as many of the videos you can. And each model you'll learn something new or a different way of how do do things that you will use that skill in the next model. They will only get better as you do more

Back