Main topgallant stay rigging

I am unable to imagine how some element of main topgallant stay rigging is made. This is the piece where two ends of the rope make a loop around the beams of the fore top. See the detail I circled in red. The way it is drawn is impossible. Please help.

IMG_0367.jpeg

I bet you already figured out how to do this. I think I saw your newer post of your success.

I bet you already figured out how to do this. I think I saw your newer post of your success.
I completed this sling on my model but I am not sure it is the way it was actually done. At least it doesn’t look like on attached pictures.

I assumed it was spliced and served and the swelling of the splice was just not shown in the picture. Then again I wasn't totally sure of what you were asking. :) I seem to understand questions as poorly as I ask them:)

I completed this sling on my model but I am not sure it is the way it was actually done. At least it doesn’t look like on attached pictures.
So, I did see your finished sling and I think it looks perfect. I also saw your post on your rope serving machine problem and knew you would solve it also. Sometimes working out problems gets a little dinghy!

Sorry. I had to edit above message a few times. Correct message must sound as this:

The sling angle must not be less than 60 degrees. They show something like 10 degrees.

Back