Making bulkheads?

I want to make bulkheads to go inside a Minicraft 1/350 Titanic's hull to strengthen it.

Is there a tool I can use to get(measure) the inside hull shape?

is this a plastic hull?
use the hull as a mold then you can fill the hull with plaster, wax, sawdust and glue, jello then slice the molded hull apart like a loaf of bread to get the shape of the bulkhead.

I want to make bulkheads to go inside a Minicraft 1/350 Titanic's hull to strengthen it.

Is there a tool I can use to get(measure) the inside hull shape?
There is a small tool existing, which I know only under the german term "Formenlehre" / "Profillehre" or "Konturenlehre"

I have one with metal pins, but there are also plastic ones existing

helios-preisser-0589-103-profillehre.jpg SMT_678-150.jpg formlehre.jpg 71US14IJyWS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A handy tool. This is how I compare the hull lines along the sides.
Yes - I usually use this tool also mainly for the outside hull form, but I guess, when the small pins are fine enough, you can use it also inside a Plastic hull for taking the forms of bulkheads....... Otherwise cartonage with "trial and error"

Yes - I usually use this tool also mainly for the outside hull form, but I guess, when the small pins are fine enough, you can use it also inside a Plastic hull for taking the forms of bulkheads....... Otherwise cartonage with "trial and error"
I agree with you Uwe

I have the one with metal pins that I tried in order to get the contour of a hull for a cradle. I think this type is best for heavy duty jobs like masonry or tile work, not for wood models. The metal pins were quite tight and would scratch the hull. I'd like to try the plastic type. It may be better suited for working with wood.

another wild idea is to coat the outside of the plastic hull with paper mache a little watered down white glue and paper to form a "shell" over the hull then remove the paper mache hull and cut it apart. Use the sections as a template and trace the inside shape.

Back