Making Rope

I bought and have received the Syren Rope Rocket machine for making my own rope. My question is this: What is the best thread(s) to use to make scale rope? Its a first for me and I really don't want to spin my wheels getting started. The lines that AL supplied with the SF II kit are cotton and very fuzzy. So in the interest of modelling, I want to make authentic looking lines. Is there a scale chart that indicates what thread sizes to use to get the different diameters needed? Have you used the Syren machine? What are your thoughts?
Thanks!

I bought and have received the Syren Rope Rocket machine for making my own rope. My question is this: What is the best thread(s) to use to make scale rope? Its a first for me and I really don't want to spin my wheels getting started. The lines that AL supplied with the SF II kit are cotton and very fuzzy. So in the interest of modelling, I want to make authentic looking lines. Is there a scale chart that indicates what thread sizes to use to get the different diameters needed? Have you used the Syren machine? What are your thoughts?
Thanks!
Pfilski, I am using Guterman tera 180 and rock 240. This is an overlock thread. Regarding the scale, everything here is individual and depends on many factors, the tension of the thread, the speed of rotation, the size of the load. I got the dimensions for myself experimentally. I wound one thread at a time - I hoisted a rope. I measured the diameter, wrote it down in the table, then two strands per strand, and the same way, measured it, wrote it down. Different machines produce different rope diameters.

Pfilski, I am using Guterman tera 180 and rock 240. This is an overlock thread. Regarding the scale, everything here is individual and depends on many factors, the tension of the thread, the speed of rotation, the size of the load. I got the dimensions for myself experimentally. I wound one thread at a time - I hoisted a rope. I measured the diameter, wrote it down in the table, then two strands per strand, and the same way, measured it, wrote it down. Different machines produce different rope diameters.
Thank you so much! I'll look into those threads.

I use Serafill 120/2 from Amann its polyester thread without furl.
Look here:
When you use polyester, what gives a very good result, there is a problem that it unwraps when you cut it. It needs to bee heated. I put it in the oven for 5 minutes on 175 Celcius.

Back