Mamoli Brittania Missing Parts

I have been working on a Mamoli MV44 Brittania model for about a year and am now beginning the preparation of the mast and spars. Unfortunately, I find that I am missing some of the cast metal parts. I did not do an inventory when I received the kit, mostly because the parts lists are all in Italian and none of the parts are numbered in any way, so I am not sure if the parts were missing from the kit as shipped or whether I misplaced them, but I doubt I lost them.

In any event, I emailed Dusek in Czech Republic who supposedly is now making the Mamoli kits and asking them if they can supply the missing parts. So far no reply.

Any thoughts on how to acquire the parts I am missing, which are a couple of the metal brackets used to attached the mast to the boom and other spars to the mast?

Thank you

Tom

Hallo Tom @TV101 ,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

First step is usually to get in contact with the manufacturer. But if there is no reply or chance to get there is the only way to buy a started uncomplete (or complete) kit f.e. on ebay or other platforms

But maybe we can help and give hints, when we see how the parts are looking like. Are they shown on the drawings? Maybe other manufacturers of the after market have similar parts...... or we can think about how to make them of scratch......

Hallo Tom @TV101 ,
first of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

First step is usually to get in contact with the manufacturer. But if there is no reply or chance to get there is the only way to buy a started uncomplete (or complete) kit f.e. on ebay or other platforms

But maybe we can help and give hints, when we see how the parts are looking like. Are they shown on the drawings? Maybe other manufacturers of the after market have similar parts...... or we can think about how to make them of scratch......
Thank you Uwe. I very much appreciate your help.

There are detailed drawings of the parts. I will take some photos and post them, but wont be able to do so until the weekend. After that, if anyone has any ideas I would grateful.

Take care.

Tom

Welcome Tom,
I recently had a transom issue with Mamoli Le Coureur I contacted Daniel Dusek and he shipped one. So i would email him again if i were you. Best, Phil.

Daniel Dusek is normally very helpful. He helped me repairing the Royal Louis after a crash. Regards Bo

That is good news about Dusek, thank you. Are you able to share his contact information or email address so that I can be sure I sent my request to the correct place?

Here is a photo showing the missing parts as shown on the kit instructions. I am missing the mast collar shown in two drawings at the bottom of the photo, and also the two pieces shown next to the circled number 5, the pin and the spar bracket which join together.

In the bottom photo, the boom attaches to the left side of the collar and a forward spar attaches to the right side of the collar.

I apologize but I forgot to measure the diameter of the mast but will do so and post that information when I can.

Thank you for your continued assistance. If I am unable to obtain replacement parts, I would be interested in any ideas about how to attach the boom and the spar to the mast without these parts.

Take care.

Tom

Mamoli Kit.jpg

Just reporting back on progress. I emailed Daniel Dusek who very promptly replied and offered to send me the missing parts. I am very impressed with his response and very grateful for his assistance.

Thank you to Mr. Dusek and to all who responded to my post with their offers of help.

Tom

PS: I have been reading through old post on dozens of topics. This site is a goldmine of information with so many wonderful people always willing to share their experience and knowledge. I am very happy to have found this site. Thank you all for your help!

Back