Mantua 1:78 HMS Victory question

DrB

I built my first model the Flying Fish for model shipways when the owner had a wood shop in Bogota, NJ. I have recently started building the Mantua 1:78 Victory which I obtained many, many years ago after a sixty year hiatus from model making. I have a question: The stern post is oblique and measures 1 foot at the keel in Mackay's book. Should the hull planking in the dead space reflect that measurement? If so, I will have to decrease the thickness in that area before finishing the planking. I would like to thank you for all the information I've already gotten from your forum.

I built my first model the Flying Fish for model shipways when the owner had a wood shop in Bogota, NJ. I have recently started building the Mantua 1:78 Victory which I obtained many, many years ago after a sixty year hiatus from model making. I have a question: The stern post is oblique and measures 1 foot at the keel in Mackay's book. Should the hull planking in the dead space reflect that measurement? If so, I will have to decrease the thickness in that area before finishing the planking. I would like to thank you for all the information I've already gotten from your forum.
Hallo @DrB
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @DrB
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back