Mantua Soleil Royale build

A few weeks ago I fractured my hip and had to get a new ball joint. So, I am not moving too well and want to start building my Mantua Soleil Royale kit. My workshop is in the basement and that is out for now, but I have made a temporary work area upstairs for another reason before I broke my hip and will use that. I cant sit for very long at the bench but I am going to at least get started.

I do not know that you would call this a build log but here it is. 001 (2).JPG I am not looking to make the best scale model in the world, but just to occupy some time and build a model. I am 76 now and not far away from 77 and I have many projects I would like to get done so I am not sure how far or what degree of precision I will go. What is shown in the picture is the frames just placed together before gluing to make sure all is well. I do not think this will be a step by step construction article but just showing some work as it progresses if there is any interest. It appears to be a nice kit with laser cutting that is pretty impressive...

A few weeks ago I fractured my hip and had to get a new ball joint. So, I am not moving too well and want to start building my Mantua Soleil Royale kit. My workshop is in the basement and that is out for now, but I have made a temporary work area upstairs for another reason before I broke my hip and will use that. I cant sit for very long at the bench but I am going to at least get started.

I do not know that you would call this a build log but here it is. View attachment 301536 I am not looking to make the best scale model in the world, but just to occupy some time and build a model. I am 76 now and not far away from 77 and I have many projects I would like to get done so I am not sure how far or what degree of precision I will go. What is shown in the picture is the frames just placed together before gluing to make sure all is well. I do not think this will be a step by step construction article but just showing some work as it progresses if there is any interest. It appears to be a nice kit with laser cutting that is pretty impressive...
Good morning. I wish you all the best with your hip recovery. Sos is a trove of ship building information and the guys here are super helpful and encouraging. A great place to post your build. Cheers Grant

I do not know that you would call this a build log but here it is. View attachment 301536 I am not looking to make the best scale model in the world, but just to occupy some time and build a model. I am 76 now and not far away from 77 and I have many projects I would like to get done so I am not sure how far or what degree of precision I will go. What is shown in the picture is the frames just placed together before gluing to make sure all is well. I do not think this will be a step by step construction article but just showing some work as it progresses if there is any interest. It appears to be a nice kit with laser cutting that is pretty impressive...
Get well Joerom
I'll be following your log

Thank you all. Right now it is a bit difficult to concentrate with the hip and the other medical issues I have , so progress might be a a tad slow.
I have a set of sails that came with something else I bought, and they are Mantua Victory 1:98 scale ART 34207...... If anyone can use them I will send them out here in the USA and they can send me whatever they want. I will also postthis elswhere in the forum............................

Hey Joerom. Hope your hip issues work out well. I am 75 going 76 so I am not far behind you and I started my build back in December last year (Bluenose). Although it is slow going it helps to check back in the build logs to get recharged. I will follow your log to see how your coming hip wise and build wise.

Sorry to hear about your hip--hope everything resolves!

I finished this kit in 2020. I did the 1980s version before laser cuts, etc. and bashed it quite a bit but happy to help with any questions and I look forward to following your progress.

Hello and thanks again to all. I have been having problems with my recovery because of other health issues also. I have not done anything with the build since I posted the picture of the frames. I just can't seem to concentrate on any of this right now, but hope that will change...........
Joe

I have put this and other kits for sale in the sale section for cheap.......

Oh my, my... Very interesting sale you done. But from Canada... I will miss that very good stuff and prices. Good luck sir, I wish you better days.

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

I do not know that you would call this a build log but here it is. I am not looking to make the best scale model in the world, but just to occupy some time and build a model. I am 76 now and not far away from 77 and I have many projects I would like to get done so I am not sure how far or what degree of precision I will go. What is shown in the picture is the frames just placed together before gluing to make sure all is well. I do not think this will be a step by step construction article but just showing some work as it progresses if there is any interest. It appears to be a nice kit with laser cutting that is pretty impressive...
Hallo @joerom1
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake