maris stella kits

I was looking on the maris stella website and I see that their kits come as 'upgraded project' and 'retro project' - what's the difference? There's a significant difference in price so I assume it's down to what's in the box.

I was looking on the maris stella website and I see that their kits come as 'upgraded project' and 'retro project' - what's the difference? There's a significant difference in price so I assume it's down to what's in the box.
@MarisStella is a member here on the forum ,he can explain this in detail.

Hi Sulaire, here is explanation, we are about to set one onto our website as well... :

Upgraded projects have more wood and blocks for constructing the filler blocks, sheets of photo etched brass elements, thick full color instruction manuals , more wood for planking, resin figure head, renewed sheets of drawing 90cm x 100cm and extra safe card box box with high res photography of the finished model on it …Retro package is the kit as it was two years before, without these new things. The model is the same in the end, but it is easier to make it out of the Upgraded project kit … Both consist high quality wood and materials …

Have a great new year everyone ...

Cannot find what is "maris stella" kits. Google gives addresses of churches, cemeteries and christian hymns. Please give link to site.

Back