Marmara Trade Boat, 1:48 , SC brand [COMPLETED BUILD]

YOU GOT A MASTER TEACHER DANIEL, GREAT JOB ON BOTH PARTIES. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON

You are correct Don, I was very lucky to have a Master Teacher for this job.

It was @mrshanks (Mike) who guided me along the process. He provided me a detailed explanation of all the work, steps, materials to be used and how to use them plus tips that you can only learn with time and experience.

It was great to meet Mike (@mrshanks) at SOS and many other more who help me in my model. Another example of the great job these forums do. You interact and exchange ideas and knowledge with so many people in a way that only forums like this can provide.

Cheers and lets see how this last step goes.

Daniel

Looking great Daniel, gee you got alot done since my last visit to the forums. Mike Shanks you say??? Ya know, I think I may have heard of that person at one point or another.... :p You couldn't pray to find a better, nicer, all around greater dude than Mike to help you along. I also think some encouragement from @donfarr is taking you to new hieghts my friend.

Looking great Daniel, gee you got alot done since my last visit to the forums. Mike Shanks you say??? Ya know, I think I may have heard of that person at one point or another.... :p You couldn't pray to find a better, nicer, all around greater dude than Mike to help you along. I also think some encouragement from @donfarr is taking you to new hieghts my friend.

Thank you !! And you are correct about Mike and Don.

About new hights... let see if I can keep that the rest of the building.

What is pushing me to new heights also is the great work of many SOS members. That are doing some outstanding work, not because of their complexity, mainly in the way they "do it". When I see those postings I repeat to my self "try... you can do it" . And if I am not able to get that level, I am sure now I am better than before.

Painting = Disaster in my hands. Alway I was a disaster painting.

I was SO AFRAID of doing this paint job. I got precise and very detailed instructions. Followed them and that was the result. YET, not as perfect as it could be in the hands of the many experienced modelers from SOS, I couldn't be happier..... for me this paint job was a BIG JUMP on my hieght... as you mentioned.

Cheers
Daniel

The painted hull looks great Daniel. With this step done, you can now paint the rest of the hull with confidence.

Thank you Heinrich !!!

Today I will seal the hull paint with a clear coat of Minwax. Then i need to paint some sections in red. The rest of the wood will stay as it is. Will use some Winwax there too. I hope it finish like the model below.

Screenshot_20200813-184630_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200822-144919_Gallery_copy_3699x8220.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel always remember, what truely makes a great model perfect is the artist who makes a ship in miniature from a collection of wooden bits and pieces.
If you give it love as you build, it will be perfect. Maybe not in your eyes, but thats because we are all our own harshest critics. You're doin just right and when you finish she's going to be spectacular!

Painting of hull sections is done. All the hull was sealed with Minwax Satin.

Started to sand the decorations. That is very stressful. Lets see how will it finish. The clamp in the picture is to provide perspective of the decor size.

20200825_173415.jpg20200825_173307.jpg20200825_173257.jpg20200825_173246.jpg20200825_173228.jpg

This painting job is be very easy for many of you. For me was a discovery of many techniques and details I didn't have idea I needed to do this job. So I would like to thank Mike for teaching me those details and techniques. As well as Clair, Don and Doc for all the tips and all the fun we had during this process.

I hope I do not have to touch a bottle of paint for many years to come..... HA HA :) (we all know that would not be happening and in a blink of an eye I will find myself again with a spray can and a brush on my hands).

Let see if I can get till the end if this pretty Marmara doing an acceptable job.

Cheers to all the SOS members
Daniel

Last edited:
Back